Food At Work >

Food At Work

Community
Notices

Food At Work

Old 04-11-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shibaluvr
I went to work today with my lunch in my purse. I took 500 calories of things on my diet to eat and snack on.

There was a special sale going on and lots of people there from the company of the product. Lunch was brought in for everyone. Chicken Salad, croissants, potato chips with dip and cans of pop. I stayed true to my lunch throughout and at the end of my time, two bakery boxes filled with pastries arrived. I left without touching any of it.

This is the way life has to be for me. Living in the real world of food is a challenge. I'm determined to win. I hope you are too.
Good for you!!! I know it's hard! I go to lunch with my coworkers almost everyday. I've been really good so far. It helps reading everyones experiences in here!
My daughter had a friend spend the night this weekend. I made them french toast and bacon....didn't touch anything. I was so proud of myself!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc
Good for you!!! I know it's hard! I go to lunch with my coworkers almost everyday. I've been really good so far. It helps reading everyones experiences in here!
My daughter had a friend spend the night this weekend. I made them french toast and bacon....didn't touch anything. I was so proud of myself!!!
Great control Zoe!
I could probably leave the french toast alone, but the bacon would have totally overwhelmed any attempt at self control
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in a similar boat at work...everyone already knows I don't want the cookies and no one bothers to ask if I want to order chinese for lunch. It makes saying no a lot easier. If I do decide to eat something, they all look shocked and I just tell them that I watch my diet enough, one thing won't kill me. But I also know I'm an all-or-nothing eater, so just staying away is the best thing for me. When we have company catered lunches, I still bring my own. Yes, I too feel odd sneaking in my healthy lunch while everyone eats burgers, potato salad, and cupcakes, but I always feel full and satisfied and better abount myself.

Way to go for sticking to the plan!