Notices

question about tracking calories burned

Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default question about tracking calories burned

Does the site take into account your weight when it figures for calories burned? The reason I ask is that I know that someone carrying a lot of weight should be burning more calories than a thin person doing the same activities....right? At least I think so. So I just wondered if the site adjusts that based on the weight changes you provide it to base your calculations from.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Hi wildbeanerz,

It definitely has for me I'm about 20 lbs. lighter now than when I first started, and my calorie burn has gone down in the "Lifestyle" portion accordingly. It started at about 2400 I believe, and now it's something like 2150 or 2200 (I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head - it might even be lower now).
Old 03-23-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good to know. I am somewhere around 3200 right now before I enter in any activities. And I saw someone post that someone heavier than me should be around 4000 so I figured it did take that into account.

Thanks!!