Notices

30 Day No Fast Food Challenge

Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a while since I ate fast food anyway. I've never been really big on it except when the hubby & I sneak out early on a Saturday before the kids are up for a quick BK breakfast. We haven't done that in about two months though.

The one thing that I am craving probably isn't all that bad once in a while.... a strawberry banana smoothie from McD's. I'm sure that I could make a healthier version at home but haven't attempted that yet.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

I don't carry cash at all - that is when i get in trouble - i also make my (high protein) lunch and snacks for a couple of days - so i can grab and go - i also log in a bad meal as if i ate it and look at the calories - that usually changes my mind. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with beer for me!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

wildbeanerz - get a magic bullet! it is so quick and easy to make a smoothie in it - and it doesn't take up too much room. i had my daughter's 17 year old friends over night friday night before SAT's and I made them all one before they left in the morning!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
well Mike thats why we had cheat days right? it not be going out but it's still about having a guilty pleasure of sorts.
That's right! Still, I find FAsT food just doesn't call to me that bad--I guess we all have our weaknesses. My cheat day always seems to involve a good quantity of beer .

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-17-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

well for me when i was younger fast food was a treat and my family would have it maybe once a month. but as i got older and started going to college and having my own money thats when fast food really got to me as being almost at least once a week but sometimes more than once a week as well.

i wish i had kitchen space i like cooking when i actually have room, and also have an oven/stove. my school res don't
Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

i guess i was only able to last a week, yesterday i had movie popcron with extra butter and a diet pop, that i shared with my fiance.

not sure but would you guys consider that fast food?

i'm more fast food to replace meals, like burger joints and fries (those are my bad ones)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
i guess i was only able to last a week, yesterday i had movie popcron with extra butter and a diet pop, that i shared with my fiance.

not sure but would you guys consider that fast food?

i'm more fast food to replace meals, like burger joints and fries (those are my bad ones)
I wouldn't call that "fast food", but I also wouldn't call it a great choice. How about next time packing your own popcorn w/o the "butter" (oil)? That oil just turns a fairly wholesome treat into a disaster.

In any case, I think you're still good for the challenge!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-19-2011, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

yeah most of the time if i have popcorn for a snack it would be a smart pop mini bag which i think is 2 cups or so and about 100cals. even the full size bag isn't much more than 250 compared to movie popcorn
Old 03-19-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a fast food junkie. I eat out maybe 3-5 times a week. I don't know if I'll be able to go cold turkey with Fast-food, but I'll give it a try.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

yeah i failed the challenge and had fast food yesterday, had a burger from this local resturant. at least the burger was freshly made and not pre packaged like most fast food joints.

i'll have to start over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.