Notices

I'm Honestly At The Point Of Giving Up!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm Honestly At The Point Of Giving Up!

This is the forth freaking week that I have only lost 1 pound! I'm really getting pissed off. At this rate I'm not going to reach my April Fools Goal... So I think Ima give up. But I just want to thank everyone that's been with me on this journey and helped me along the way.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

My friend, if you're looking for someone to talk you out of giving up, I'm more than happy to oblige, but you're ultimately going to need to talk yourself out of giving up.

Here's the deal. There are things you could do to increase the rate of your weight loss (increase exercise, make sure you're logging food religiously and accurately, play around with carb/protein fat ratios, experiment with caloric intake - all just a few things that could help), but what you need to understand, first and foremost, is that a pound a week is awesome. I know it doesn't always feel like that's so awesome when you have a ways to go. But let me put it to you like this: You have lost 4 pounds over the last 4 weeks. Do you want those pounds back? No? Would you like to be (at least) 52 pounds lighter a year from now? Yes? Try to bear in mind that every single little bit adds up.

Every single one of us would love to have the weight off the moment we commit to a lifestyle change - or at least come off faster. The weight can *never* come off fast enough. Me? I'm "skinny on the inside" and am thoroughly dedicated to a healthy lifestyle - but I have at least 50 more pounds to go. It's the way it is. Please understand that a pound a week is healthy and so awesome - and by no means is it a plateau. A plateau is when you don't lose ANYTHING. You're on the right track - keep it up!

Like I said, there are things you can experiment with to increase the rate of weight loss, but the reality is that 1-2 # a week is very reasonable. All things in due time. You owe it to yourself not to give up on yourself - convince yourself of that.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

I would be quite pleased with a pound a week at this point. My weight loss has come to an almost complete halt, but I haven't given up, but to have the right frame of mind I've had to change my focus a little. My workouts recently have all been about building up lean muscle mass and I'm taking measurements and putting some goals on that as well. I would be totally okay with my current weight if I could flex a little and have muscles popping out all over. As it is I have pockets of fat everywhere, so I've increased my protein intake a bit and put a lot more emphasis on building and toning than I used to. My weight goal might be a complete pipe dream, but I'm not giving up, because "healthy" is about a whole lot more than what the scale says. If you give up now in a year you'll be heavier than you are today, there is no doubt about that. But if you stay on track and lose 1 pound/week, a year from now you'll be 52 pounds lighter. So what are you going to chose?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

I've been stuck at the same weight for a year, if I give up I'll be as fat as I once was.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

My friend, you've lost freakin' 22 POUNDS since starting the Challenge in January! You've got into the "200s"--that's huge! So you don't quite hit the challenge goal--in this case (as with hand grenades, horse shoes and atomic bombs), close is good enough.

Now I've had slow periods as well--it happens. I've had a week or two with NO loss--that happens too. You just need to change something up--more cals/less cals, more/different exercise, more water, less carbs--just something(s) different.

Recently I've upped my daily walk to a full 1.5 miles in 25 minutes and bumped my water up to a gallon a day and the weight is peeling off twice as fast as it has been.

Give up now and you'll be back later on (likely considerably bigger than you were) to do it all over again (and you know I speak from experience).

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-07-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I agree completely with the previous posts^, sounds to me like you've hit a plateau....Time to change it up, keep focused and don't give up!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

U guys never fail with your inspiring words... I don't know what I was going through yesterday but I'm glad that's in the past and Ima keep working towards my goal... Today is my Birthday and I feel Good... Wow Lost 22 Pounds and I turned 22 today... Feels awesome!!! Thanks Everyone For Everything!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

It took a while for me to start losing weight. It was six weeks before I lost a single lb. Once I started losing it was 2lbs a week never more than that. But a year later and I am 82lbs lighter. Keep at it and remember slower is better because it will be easier to keep off. Good luck!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Giving up is simply not an option that you can take if you want to be successful.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Goals are great. But don't give up if you don't reach it. Eat clean and lift strong and you will reach your goal. One pound a week of weight loss is great, but don’t track only weight. Measure yourself once a week. Arms, legs, waist, hips. If you have the tools check your body fat too. It’s not strictly a scale thing you want to watch. Take monthly pictures as well to visually see the improvements. Day-to-day is hard to see, but monthly can really keep the drive going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.