another Atkins gal coming onboard >

another Atkins gal coming onboard

Community
Notices

another Atkins gal coming onboard

Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default another Atkins gal coming onboard

'that" community reccomended this site for keeping track of intake and activity, so here I am.
figured out pretty quickly I had to make a net carb adjustment on the foods listed here, but that's ok, the calorie counts are good and I love the graphs for my weight loss goal. Might be here a while since I have 50#'s to go, so I look forward to chatting in up and getting hints and tips to stay in line and motivated.
Just getting through my 1st week and the gals at work gave me grief about this diet. Please let me get though this without judgement. I believe I am a carb addict and this is the only thing budging the buldge, so I'm sticking to it through all 4 stages.
Any and all help is welcome as long as its positive.
thanxs in advance
ricky
a southern gal stuck in Central NY
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Ricky,

welcome to FitDay. Starting Monday I'm going to attempt to go low carbs as well. I'm not doing "Atkins" but I'm hoping this will give me the boost that I need. Don't worry about others giving you grief, it sucks but it seems to be the norm.

As of now FitDay doesn't allow sugar tracking but we are in the process of making changes, and this has been requested a lot.

What part of the South are you from? I ask b/c I knew a girl named Ricky.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Ricky, welcome to FitDay and the forums!

As a fellow carb/sugar addict (to the point of getting "high" off them) I understand where you're coming from.

If what you're doing works for you, who gives a rat's patootie what anyone else says?

Keep up the good work and don't be a stranger.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-06-2011, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

thank you both - appreciate the thumbs up. Mike - been know to pass thru La.. from Florida - clearwater bay area and gainesvile. I know there are a lot of copy cats - but I am the original ricky ricardo... lol