Notices

Not a total newbie,but I'm BACK!!!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Not a total newbie,but I'm BACK!!!

I'm female, almost 63 years old, 5'8", and was introduced to FitDay by a dietician a couple of years ago, when I weighed 265. Using the site, I took off 20 lb. and kept them off, with a hiatus to have two big surgeries and heal up. Now I'm restarting with FitDay at 243 lb. Have been using the food calendar, activity calendar, and journal, as well as getting feedback from the reports. All of it has been really helpful in the past, and I enjoy checking in a couple of times a day to update the food intake and the exercise. It really makes you stop and think before you grab a cookie, "Do I want to tack on these calories when I'm doing so well?" Anyway, I'm currently on a comfortable 1500-1800 calorie, nutritionally balanced diet that includes a LOT more fresh veggies, chicken and fish (mostly tuna). I'm doing 1.5 miles every morning on the treadmill, at 2.6 mph, which comes to a little over half an hour of deliberate exercise a day. I've been at it for a week now, and already I can feel the effects of eating well and getting a little exercise. My goal weight for now is 170, but over the long haul, I'd like to get back down to 140-150. I'm setting my sights on an extended camping trip across the country this summer, and maybe some backpacking as well. Just started accessing the discussion boards here.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

ratsmouth, welcome back! it is great you kept the weight off and i am excited to see what your return to fitday has in store for you!

Hope to see you around the forums..

Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, thanks for responding. I like your quote, btw. Part of my plan is to gradually increase my walking distance and add some weight (in a backpack) while on the treadmill or walking outside. Right now, a mile and a half is just about right for this couch potato, but I'm finding it easier as the days go by.