Notices

How I Lost 2 Stones in 12 Months

Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up How I Lost 2 Stones in 12 Months

Jan 2010 weighed 13 stones 4 pounds (186 pounds), Feb 2011 11 stones (154 pounds).

I have stuck to 1500 calories a day. Cut out sugar in tea, sweets, cakes, biscuits, bread and snacking on high calorie bits. I drinks lots of warm water instead of tea (but I still have 1-2 cups of tea a day).

I have 30g cereal for breakfast. Then I have either lunch or dinner not both. The meal that I do not have, I swap for fruit, cup-a-soup or yoghurt.

I am never hungry and the weight is coming off slowly but surely. I was advised to do it like this because at my age (40) if I lose it too quickly, my skin will sag and I cannot afford to age prematurely!

I never had self-control or discipline but the best motivation for weight loss is losing weight. I have gone from a UK size 18 to a UK size 12 (even 10 in some shops).
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome! Keep up the great work.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sksan
Jan 2010 weighed 13 stones 4 pounds (186 pounds), Feb 2011 11 stones (154 pounds).

I have stuck to 1500 calories a day. Cut out sugar in tea, sweets, cakes, biscuits, bread and snacking on high calorie bits. I drinks lots of warm water instead of tea (but I still have 1-2 cups of tea a day).

I have 30g cereal for breakfast. Then I have either lunch or dinner not both. The meal that I do not have, I swap for fruit, cup-a-soup or yoghurt.

I am never hungry and the weight is coming off slowly but surely. I was advised to do it like this because at my age (40) if I lose it too quickly, my skin will sag and I cannot afford to age prematurely!

I never had self-control or discipline but the best motivation for weight loss is losing weight. I have gone from a UK size 18 to a UK size 12 (even 10 in some shops).
Hey, good for you! And I wholeheartedly agree--success is a terriffic motivator--I recommend it! Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Michael