Greetngs....just getting started

Community
Notices

Greetngs....just getting started

Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Greetngs....just getting started

Hello,

My name is Atiba and I have actually been registered with Fitday for several years. It is only now that I am getting serious about it.

I recently visited the doctor and received disheartening news about my cholesterol and my potential for heart issues. He gave me 3-4 months to lose the weight and get in shape.

I currently am at 325 (8 pounds down since i started) and am aiming to get all the way back down to a healthy 240, which I think is good for me. I know based on standards, at my height (6'3") I am supposed to be thinner than 240but it works for me.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to hear my story and I pray that my doctors ultimatum is the final push I need to actually accomplishing my goals this time.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Wellcome && good luck !
Old 02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the FitDay forums Atiba!

I'm glad you are taking the steps to lose the extra weight. Congrats on losing 8 pounds already! What changes did you make already to accomplish that?

Keep it up!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

It was actually a couple things. First, I actually went on a spiritual fast in the beginning whic kicked off the loss. It actually wasnt intended for weight loss, but right after is when the doctor told me about my weight, so it lined up perfectly.

Then, I just started to change my habits because I was eating everything in site. And it wasnt just quantity, it was quality because I loved unhealthy stuff. Too much beef, creams, soda and junk food. Once I cut out or modified some of those things, the rest just fell in line.

Of course being able to accurately see what I was eating through my journals helped also. I haven't even started exercising yet so I am excited about the potential.