Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
How to get enough fiber for a day? >

How to get enough fiber for a day?

Community
Notices

How to get enough fiber for a day?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

This is a good subject! I second the poster MunaAmin who says to make sure you are entering your food correctly and utilize the custom foods. A lot of general issue products have a little more fiber in them than some of the fitday generalized foods state.

I get extra fiber in my diet with Nature's Own Fiber Wheat Bread. It is a soft bread that doesn't have a particle board consistency! Just two slices of it is 10g! I also buy Thomas' Triple Health English Muffins, 100 cal per muffin, low sodium, 6 g fiber per muffin. I use these for hamburger buns, sloppy joes... They are filling and taste great. I buy Rozoni Smart Taste Pastas, they also have a high fiber content for pasta. 5g per serving!

Just read those labels, utilize the custom foods in your food log, shop in the produce department and eat at least one fruit or vegetable in the morning, get your mindset on increasing your fiber from the time you first eat! Then by lunch, maybe get a vegetable and a fruit, dinner, 4-5 fruits and vegetables... I like to mix some black beans with my mixed vegetables! That works too! Smash up cooked black or navy beans and add them to spaghetti sauce! Smashed up beans can go into just about any sauce... just match the color, and you are there! I smash up northern beans and add them to mac and cheese...