Notices

Fitday PC Update

Old 02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday PC Update

Are there any plans for a Fitday PC update anytime soon? It's been years since v2 was released, I am sure there are food and exercise updates that can be applied. Also, maybe just some other basic enhancements to the program? I love using Fitday, but would really love a refresh to the program. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default FITDAY on AutoPilot?

Hi Jem,

My impression is that FitDay is currently running on autopilot... not a lot of human intervention.
A moderator of this forum requested some information from an admin over a month ago and never received a reply.

FitDay is just one small part of Internet Brands Inc, a company which purchases websites and then sells advertising on it to obtain revenue.
Once the website is in place and generating some revenue, it doesn't get a lot of attention (read that $$$ expenditure) anymore.

In fact, it's quite probable that the original programmers for FitDayPC have moved on to other things and no longer available to update the program.

People have been asking for a couple of simple enhancements for some time now:

1. Access to "Sugars" input for foods.
2. Access to Pantothenic Acid input for foods.

yet neither has been added.

I too would like to see a few glitches in the machinery spruced up a bit, but not holding my breath.

Now, with all that said... I will still be purchasing FitDayPC simply to support a website I've been using for past couple of months.
Even with it's glitches, it's one of the nicer "free" sites for tracking foods and nutrition.
There are a few other REALLY advanced free sites out there but WAY more than I need or would use.
FitDay fills the niche as a tracking mechanism for "the rest of us".

Have a great day!
Craig

A note to the moderators: If there are any errors in my assumptions about
"FitDay/Internet Brands" PLEASE feel free to correct them!

Last edited by CraigTee1; 02-24-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Just playing around and getting the feel of the site. ;)
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Lack of support

I also have pretty much given up on getting additional support. I bought PC version 1 in 2004 and have used it since then and put in 100s of my own custom recipes. There is no way that I have been told that I can upgrade to version 2 without losing all of that - version 1 would simply be replaced by version 2. So I found Livestrong on the internet (Lance Armstrong's free software) and it is amazing. It has thousands more foods listed and the search feature works so much better. Try searching Kraft peanut butter on this FitDay site and then search it on Livestrong. Quite a difference in what comes back. In FitDay I get everything and in Livestrong I get Kraft peanut butter. Guess which one I'm going to stick with from now on in.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Craig,

thanks for the constructive support. It's appreciated. I can't disagree with you and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that changes come soon. I'm moving this to feedback and support and hopefully the powers that be can see it.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

I e-mailed them requesting a refund. It's rather obvious it's buggy and crap, and I'm not holding my breath on a response. I may have to contest the charge if I don't hear back from them within an allotted period of time...

Don't buy the software. It's NOT WORTH IT. I rather like bits and pieces of the online service, but the PC version; if you're still running Windows XP SP2... maybe it will work well for you; who knows... :-)
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Hi Metal,

This is Paul, the Community Manager for FitDay.

I'm very sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with FitDay PC. We don't have a lot of complaints about this software, so needless to say I'm surprised; nevertheless, please contact me via PM if you have not received a response regarding your refund in a reasonable period of time and I will take care of it for you.

Have a great day,

Paul
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by MetalAria
I e-mailed them requesting a refund. It's rather obvious it's buggy and crap, and I'm not holding my breath on a response. I may have to contest the charge if I don't hear back from them within an allotted period of time...

Don't buy the software. It's NOT WORTH IT. I rather like bits and pieces of the online service, but the PC version; if you're still running Windows XP SP2... maybe it will work well for you; who knows... :-)
Sorry to hear you're not happy--I think FitDay PC works quite well. I am running it on XP Pro SP3 on my laptop and 7 Pro 64 bit on my work computer and I've not had a problem. Do you have any specific questions?

Regards,
Michael