Community
Notices

HCG Diet

Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sandradavis359
The HCG diet is a scam, and a risk to your health as well. ...
Not to mention that, as of December 6th, 2011, they're illegal.

http://http://www.fda.gov/ForConsume.../ucm281333.htm
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Red face I have a question...

I have a question. I'm in my first week of the HCG diet, and I know I can have Melba toast. I am from the midwest and the only thing our store carries is Melba snacks which are small and round. My question is, can I have the whole serving size 4 for 60 calories? Or do I just get 1 for 11 calories? Please help.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Melba toast and Melba snacks seem to have the same calorie count, carb count, etc. and come in better flavors (I really like Sea Salt). My understanding is that you can have one with lunch and one with dinner, not a whole serving.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dread77706
Not to mention that, as of December 6th, 2011, they're illegal.

http://http://www.fda.gov/ForConsume.../ucm281333.htm
I couldn't get your link to work, but I believe you're referring to the fact that HCG can no longer be marketed as a diet aid. That doesn't mean you can't get it from a doctor who prescribes it. I wouldn't order it (or any diet aid, for that matter) online anyway. I know people do, but I prefer the security of my doctor.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Just an update - I'm at the end of the 7 week HCG (injection) protocol and have lost 20 lbs. I started to feel more hungry the last week or so, and am looking forward to 1200 calories/day on a low glycemic diet. The HCG gave me a jump start that motivated me to take control again, and to commit to eating better and exercising more. It's not a cure-all but it's definitely a start. Good luck to myself and everyone else who has set these goals for themselves!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

I love this diet! Im on day 8 with a loss of 10lbs so far, I feel really good and have tons of energy. Good luck. Have a great day!
Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Love it!

I love this diet because I see results so fast that I don't get discouraged, and I am easily discouraged. If you "load up" before you actually start the diet, you won't get hungry. I was on this in 2009, and lost 23 lbs. I actually started to like not being so full, and I felt better too. I am starting back Monday, Mar. 12.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I started on the 12th too!! My first time and I'm so hoping for results. I have been carrying an extra 40-45 lbs. since I had my 2nd child at 42 (4 yrs ago) and I am over it already. I've always been in good shape, working out, and trying to eat right most of the time. This time, no matter what I do, the weight refuses to come off. For the past 1 1/2 yrs I've spent 5 days a week, 90 minutes a day in the gym and eaten 1500-1700 calories a day (low fat and low carb), still no results. My labs are great (cholesterol, blood pressure, hormones (DHEA was slightly low), thyroid, liver panel, etc) Completely frustrating!!! My doctor agrees that this would probably be the best next step for me to try to kick my metabolism and hypothalamus gland into gear like it used to be. I've had co-workers who have done it and lost weight. Some kept it off, some didn't. Those that didn't went right back to their old ways of eating out in the wrong places every day again and NOT working out after the loss. I will NOT have that problem because I do not do it now!! If you'd like to keep in touch and give support to one another through this, feel free. (Email: [email protected]) Like you, I'm on day 4...Today I had lost 3.6 lbs since yesterday!! I'm ready for the slowdowns, but don't care as long as there is a steady downward number on that scale!! Good luck to you!! (BTW...I've got 45 lbs to lose, so I'm guessing I'll have to do two rounds to get all of this off by mid July)

Last edited by Sheezacop; 03-15-2012 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this but I really don't think its the drops or shots that produce weight loss any diet where you restrict food to the extreme your going to lose weight but 500 calories a day is practically anorexia
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure why no one else mentioned that selling HCG for weight loss is illegal. The Mayo Clinic has harsh warnings against using HCG. Buyer Beware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.