Notices

HCG Diet

Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default My Mother in law lost over 50 lbs.

My mother-in-law lost more than 50 lbs on the Hcg diet. It works really great. You do have to eat 500 calories per day for 2 or 3 weeks while your on it though, brutal.

If you have the will power though it really works, she just completed her second cycle and looks like she did while she was in college.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amaples
I am curious to see if anyone else has tried the hcg. I have been doing it on and off for about a year now. I lost 30lbs, but have trouble maintaining that. I gain 10lbs. and then turn around and lose that same 10lbs. I would like to progress past that point. Does anyone have maintenance tips for after HCG?
And there in lies the problem. In my opinion HCG is a short term fix to a long term problem. Did you change your lifestyle? Did you learn to cook and eat heathier, or add exercise to your routine? Did you learn about how your body metabolizes what you eat, the proper balance of calories and macro-nutients?

In most cases the answer to these questions is NO! While HCG may be the greatest diet drug ever discovered it won't change your attitudes or habits concerning food and exercise.

You have to decide that your weight loss is a lifestyle change for better health and fitness, and not just a short term 'diet'. The most succesful people here on Fitday are the ones that have the longterm mentality.

I am not telling you that HCG is good or bad. I'm saying it takes more than just a drug for longterm health and fitness.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

hcg is not a drug, it's a hormone that occurs naturally in all humans. The dedication it takes to lose while on the weight loss phase is huge, so those who can't commit are weeded out also naturally. Then, for a mnimim of 3 weeks and up to 6 weeks, one follows a very low calorie diet made up of whole foods: vegetables, fruits, and lean protein. That takes planning and commitment. To follow that up, one moves into stabilization and maintenance mode, monitoring daily how certain foods effect their weight. One learns a lot about their bodies and adapts their behavior accordingly if they wish to be successful, which most of us do after the severity of the weight loss phase. All of these things put together form the new lifestyle changes that most of the people I know who do hcg successfully implement post hcg. We maintain, and most of us move into some compatible lifestyle like Primal Blueprint or Paleo. I don't expect someone who is close minded or wearing blinders to be able to absorb that the hcg diet IS all about real whole healthy foods, modifying ones behavior, and learning about their bodies. It's not a drug, it's not voodoo, it's not even a fad. I've literally spoken online with hundreds of people who are doing it, and I think the success rate is higher than any other "diet" out there. Because it's not a diet for us, it's a jumpstart to a new life.

Most of us no longer need Rx for hypertension, many no longer need Metformin or other diabetes meds, most of us keep 90% of the weight off. It's not just about losing quickly, that is only half the journey. If people on a diet, any diet, do not modify for maintenance, they will fail... on that we agree. However, the hcg diet continues into the maintenance mode, and give you tools to help one maintain. Weighing daily is a tool, it allows for correction if need be. Intermittent fasting followed by a steak and salad dinner are a sure fire way to drop 2 lbs pronto.

Since hcg is a hormone, as is insulin, thyroid, ghrelin and leptin ALL of which participate in one's metabolism, it is a very good fit for those who have metabolic diseases. There is an excellent blog by one Dr. Jack Kruse, who is an actual brain surgeon, neurosurgery, and he is certainly no dummy. He surmised that hcg dieting is a good way to kick start a program for those who are leptin resistant or hormonally imbalanced.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Lisa Annie.
"And there in lies the problem. In my opinion HCG is a short term fix to a long term problem. Did you change your lifestyle? Did you learn to cook and eat heathier, or add exercise to your routine? Did you learn about how your body metabolizes what you eat, the proper balance of calories and macro-nutients?"
I'm not looking for criticism. I thought that was one thing about this website. The positive encouragement.
Gee thanks, rpmcduff for your nonopinion. I hope to not suffer an over 20lb. setback such as yourself. If you aren't doing the hcg diet and don't know anything about it, save it. I asked for maintenance tips not BS. Thanks, signing off and logging off. The HCG website is much better. Won't be checking in here again.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amaples
Thanks, Lisa Annie.
"And there in lies the problem. In my opinion HCG is a short term fix to a long term problem. Did you change your lifestyle? Did you learn to cook and eat heathier, or add exercise to your routine? Did you learn about how your body metabolizes what you eat, the proper balance of calories and macro-nutients?"
I'm not looking for criticism. I thought that was one thing about this website. The positive encouragement.
Gee thanks, rpmcduff for your nonopinion. I hope to not suffer an over 20lb. setback such as yourself. If you aren't doing the hcg diet and don't know anything about it, save it. I asked for maintenance tips not BS. Thanks, signing off and logging off. The HCG website is much better. Won't be checking in here again.
to add to LisaAnne, I am another HCG user. I have lost 22 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks so far. Yes I know about healthy eating, exercise, etc. I've gone to the gym daily. I play tennis regularly. I never eat fast food or processed food. I've cut out carbs. I buy fresh fruits and veggies, or grow my own. I think I've done it all which maybe has kept me from getting even heavier, but I have had no luck losing weight. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to find HCG!

The big difference for me is that I can eat only 500 calories a day but not be hungry, not feel deprived. I know it sounds crazy! I couldn't believe it either until I saw it for myself. I've done 1000 calorie diets in the past and I always felt starved. My hair fell out. I lost weight from the wrong places. People started telling me I didn't look well. When I stopped, the weight just came back over the years. With HCG I feel wonderful and full of energy, and I haven't had the problems I had before.

If you do HCG you are on a strict plan which you are not supposed to alter, so you have to be committed enough to stay within the rules. I haven't found it that hard but I don't have to cook for others or have meals as part of social or business engagements. I've found the restrictions so worth it for the results I'm getting. Maintainence is also addressed in the plan and others have succeeded very well, and I think if it doesn't work for me it will only be because I didn't follow the plan.

We are all individuals and have to decide what works best for us. For me, I am SO thankful to have this hope where I have had so little for the 59 previous years of my life.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to apologize if my previous post was taken as negative. That was not my intention. My point is that if your only lifestyle change is the HCG then you will likely yo-yo diet right back to where you started once you stop taking HCG.

What works for you as an individual is much more important than any opinion posted on a forum like this. But it is my opinion that your attitude toward food and your understanding of how it effects your body is your greatest weapon in the battle to lose weight. HCG is just another tool like logging your food, and setting goals to help you acheive your goals.

Yes I relapsed and gained some of my weight back. I had to re-assess and reset my attitudes to move forward. That is why I am so keenly aware of the importance your mind plays in the process. I don't believe I am alone in my opinion that, for many, the solution is a change in our attitudes toward food.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

There has been a lot of chatter here on Fitday about HCG. Most of it that I have read was from people who were just starting it and losing an incredible amount of weight. There haven't been a lot about those that used it and have been able to keep it off.

Anyone will lose weight if they go on a 500-calorie per day diet. I don't think there have been any scientific studies that show those using HCG lose more than those who don't.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rmdaly
There has been a lot of chatter here on Fitday about HCG. Most of it that I have read was from people who were just starting it and losing an incredible amount of weight. There haven't been a lot about those that used it and have been able to keep it off.

Anyone will lose weight if they go on a 500-calorie per day diet. I don't think there have been any scientific studies that show those using HCG lose more than those who don't.
My GF has kept off her weight for over a year. If most you have read is people that are starting it, how can you expect any long term loss from those people? They are just starting, what would you expect. That's like saying that 200 people bought XXX brand grass seeds and started off with dirt, 30 days later we haven't seen any long term succes for a new lawn. It just doesn't make since, now if you had said that most of the people that you talked to had used it a long time ago and didn't have long term success, that would be different.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Long term succes with HCG.

I did two rounds of HCG a year ago and lost 105lbs. I was severly obese and I really think that if I didn't do this, I either was going to have to have a surgical procedure or probably die. I was 25 and 346lbs. Now, I'm 240lbs as of this morning. It has to be a lifestyle change. I don't eat the same as I used to, or even think the same. I am starting a third round of it this week because I want to be in the normal weight range for the first time in my life. I am not making any excuses. I was fat because I made bad decisions with my eating habits and overall lifestyle. But this diet worked for me, and I know that it might not be the "safest" way (Since its usually recommended to loose only 2lbs a week or so), but if you truely want to loose it and keep it of, the changes are worth it and you feel better. Other than that, I met the love of my life, and have a huge boost in confidence. PLUS, I'M ALIVE!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thomas.j.epting
I did two rounds of HCG a year ago and lost 105lbs. I was severly obese and I really think that if I didn't do this, I either was going to have to have a surgical procedure or probably die. I was 25 and 346lbs. Now, I'm 240lbs as of this morning. It has to be a lifestyle change. I don't eat the same as I used to, or even think the same. I am starting a third round of it this week because I want to be in the normal weight range for the first time in my life. I am not making any excuses. I was fat because I made bad decisions with my eating habits and overall lifestyle. But this diet worked for me, and I know that it might not be the "safest" way (Since its usually recommended to loose only 2lbs a week or so), but if you truely want to loose it and keep it of, the changes are worth it and you feel better. Other than that, I met the love of my life, and have a huge boost in confidence. PLUS, I'M ALIVE!!!
congrats T.J.E, thus proving that the loss can be maitained for a long period of time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.