Community
Notices

Anybody on Alli?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heavensdarkangel
Just seeing who's out there, and the affects they've had.. (not just THOSE).... lol. I'm on day 3, I ate tacos (binged) right before I started so I'm excusing my 2lb gain here...but getting back on track.

So, anything interesting for those of you out there? Tips on exercise to go with it? meal ideas?
I just started today. Im not to sure on it yet. whats your strategy? lol
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

I'm starting my second week of Alli. I read the books that came with the kit thoroughly. If you have these that come with the starter kit, there is no need to buy other books. The books stress the importance of deciding to be committed to a low fat diet while taking Alli and spells out the number of grams of fat per meal. It also emphasizes that people should not store up or save fat grams to splurge on a dessert or it will backfire. It is strongly suggested that people follow a low fat diet a week before beginning to take Alli.

I have not had any of the treatment effects. I count fat grams carefully. As instructed in the materials, I take my vitamin pill at bed time. I've lost five pounds in two weeks but expect it to slow down as I'm a slow loser usually.

I will say that several years ago I took the prescription version of this but quit because I did not have the dedication to stick with an extreme low fat diet required for that dosage.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Alli check in and stuff...

So, let's see here... I've been on Alli for...5 weeks or so. I've lost 17lbs... was 19 lbs but I ate too much food the other day.... It's tough to break a habit sometimes. There will always be times when I do this, I just need to work on it. I'd probably have lost more if I was better about it but most of the time I behave.

Now, on to other things. I try to eat fruit most mornings or if I need something more substantial I'll go for a couple of eggs and a half slice cheese. Once in a while a bowl of cereal or oatmeal. I drink a lot of crystal light, it's more tolerable to me than water, but some are not comfortable with substitute sugars.

At lunch I might have a half a sandwich or whole depending on the bread and what I put in it. I might have a salad... or really any vegetable. I try to stay away from cheese most of the time, vegetable oil (high fat content) and regular mayo.

Dinner tends to be whatever we're having. This is hard because evening and night are the worst times for me.. I binge terribly. It takes all I have not to go for seconds.

I try not to snack, but some people benefit from smaller broken down meals...not me, because I'm a binge eater, and because by nightfall I'll feel empty.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I just started taking Alli a week ago and I'm REALLY struggling to remember to take the pills! Is it just me? Does anyone have any tips about remembering to take them?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default taking pills...

Well, up until Alli I had this problem... but the obsession with making this work is helping it along. I keep mine on the kitchen counter so I have to look at them when I'm preparing meals. Most of the time it helps!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

I'm so grateful to have found this discussion thread. I started taking Alli on Monday, April 19, 2010. I have two books and all the pamphlets from the starter kit and out of all of them I find the starter kit the most helpful. I went to the myalli website, but it really was of no use. I found it more confusing and frustrating than anything.

I know that I've not been doing this the right way so far, but I'm figuring babysteps is the best way for me. I'm making my own menus using my normal cookbooks and taking the pill with each high fat meal. So far I've had no treatment affects. I'm doing good keeping my food journal and even count each cup of coffee which has always been my weakness.

I've not been exercising though. I'm going to work on that next week. My plan at the moment is to take my dog on a mile walk each day and to do some pilates every other day.

It's tough not to check my weight daily. I'm so eager to see if this pill works. I wake up and my first thought is the scale. I broke down today even though I really didn't want to and weighed myself. The scale said that I've lost 3 pounds since Monday. It's exciting, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much. It's still too early to be able to tell anything.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi,
i was on Alli for a while too. it just did not work for me. i usually have a lot of fruits and veggies in a day and have a very low fat diet too, so i guess there wasn't much for Alli to block! never experienced any side effects but did have cramps because of the gas.
i have saved the remaining pills for the time that i think i have high fat meals.
my start weight with Alli was 153.8, after 2 months of taking the pill religiously, i just dropped to 152.6
i'm trying to find a low carb diet, hoping that might help me, so if anyone has any info about low carb diets or foods, please let me know!
good luck to all of you!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

I've been using Alli for about 6 months, and I can't really say it has done much for me. Maybe without it I would have actually gained instead of staying the same? The side effects for me have been mild and manageable. I think my caloric intake is more of my problem than the grams of fat I end. (That's probably why my side effects have been so minor.) I just bought another bottle, so I'm still hopeful I'll get some results from it.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

I have just started using Alli on friday the 7 of May would love to find some other people that is on it to chat with and keep each other motivated. I have about 60 pounds I would like to lose. I have lost 40 on another diet but have come to a stand still and no matter what I do I can not lose another pound. So hoping Alli will help.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Been on the Alli plan for a little more than a week

And I have been following the program pretty closely. I began with the low fat/calorie diet plan they recommend for the first 3-4 days before I started taking the pills. I have been taking the pills now for about 4 days now. I had one day where the treatment effects were horrible! But I had splurged the night before, big time! It was awful!! Enough to make sure I never do that again! So far, I have lost 3 pounds, which I think is pretty good. I am 192 pounds at 5'3", but I am very muscular. My goal weight is 170, but I would love to get to 160 (that's a size 8/10 for me), but I will be very happy at 170, which is about 7 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight.

So I am interested to see how Alli will work for me. I see that it's not a "quick fix", which is a good thing, I guess. We are less likely to gain the weight back again if it comes off slowly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.