Notices

Hello!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello!

New to this website! Trying something different. I have always been a loner when in comes to dieting and exercise. Knowing there are others out there in the same "shoes," and hoping it might help keep me motivated this time! Hoping that by keeping track of more than just the calories I take in will help me stay on top of the dieting and exercise. I have put on weight while being in college the last four years (40 lbs). I realize it will take time to take off the weight but I get frustrated and give up easy! I started around Thanksgiving with increasing my activity and decreasing my portions and dropped 13.5 lbs by Christmas. Now it has been almost a month and I have not put any weight on but have hit my first plateau. Time to increase my exercise time and decrease the calories again. Its just not easy this time of year with all the snow.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay jamlaw!

It sounds like you made a big change already. Congrats on losing the 13.5 pounds!

This is a great forum to get and give support. If you have any questions just let us know!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay!

Sounds like you're on the right track. I kind of like the "numbers" so my advice is usually to figure out your goal, enter all your stats for "lifestyle", height/weight/age and decide upon a calorie level that you can stick to and that will give you the average daily calorie deficeit that you'll need to reach your goal.

You can speed things up by increasing your activity level, drinking lots of water and being vigilant about entering your data daily.

Get to it--you're worth it and imagine how good you'll look and feel when you get to your goal!

Regards,
Michael