Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-19-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Giggling is good... burns more calories
Old 01-20-2012, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

HC, that article on Planet Fitness was mind boggling, and yet, they provide a gym for people who 1) can’t fork out a lot of money or 2) are scared of the judgment culture – I think though, the judgment culture isn’t real – I’ve been in a lot of gyms, and I haven’t always been fit, I’ve never felt anything but support from those around me.

Freshman30 – sounds likeyou’ve got a great routine, although I don’t think I could learn Calculus while riding a bike!

Pam – congrats on your 1 year anniversary - getting stronger is exciting.

FullBug, welcome! Sounds like you’ve got a great routine there!

Zyxst, the giggles are contagious!

I had a great time spinning today, we did an endurance ride, those are supposed to be longer than a normal class (in my normal 45 minute class, by 30 minutes I’m thinking “only 15 to go”, I can do this). Since we only had a 45 minute class, I pushed at a harder gear, and my legs got quite a workout. Then situps with weight, twists with weight, and knee raises.
The scale is not my friend, but I’m going to not believe, take the average of a weeks data points….

Have a great day all!
Abby

Last edited by dear_abby; 01-20-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

A nice easy 2 miles today... getting ready for the 11mile tomorrow!

Sounds like a lot of you are doing Zumba, Congrats!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
A nice easy 2 miles today... getting ready for the 11mile tomorrow!

Sounds like a lot of you are doing Zumba, Congrats!
Rest up and run hard (well really at a pace you can sustain)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

My knees killed me doing squats. My arms are protesting, but not as loudly.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Worked out for the first time at a new gym. Did lower body. I was really stoked to do squat without the bar being attached to anything, real free weights. Also did power clings, haven't done those in forever, super fun. Shot some hoops, sat in the jacuzzi, showered, and went to work. Good stuff!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by zyxst
My knees killed me doing squats. My arms are protesting, but not as loudly.
Originally Posted by liquidlizard
Worked out for the first time at a new gym. Did lower body. I was really stoked to do squat without the bar being attached to anything, real free weights. Also did power clings, haven't done those in forever, super fun. Shot some hoops, sat in the jacuzzi, showered, and went to work. Good stuff!

Well done the both of you.

Good to see your arms are beginning to adjust, Zyxst!

Free weight are awesome. I spent a number of years (off and on) using various lifting machines. While they are very safe (no chance of dropping a weight on your head ) I really like the power of using free weights these days.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

took today off since we got some snow/ice and it was pretty cold, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 45 degrees so I'll do my 11 miles then
Old 01-21-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

In Vancouver, Canada we have had a large amount of snow. This is not common for us. Walking the dog yesterday my heart felt like it was coming through my chest. So today I put my heart rate monitor and it was reading
156. So I'm counting that as exercise for 40 mins. Slugging through the slushy snow is dang good exercise.
I was just surprised at the heart rate and sad we only get the chance once a year. Just goes to show exercise can be incorporated in so many ways.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

25 miles in 1:58:41. Cold (43-46F) and windy (11-13mph).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.