Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 01-02-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Weighed myself on Sunday: 138.6

So up almost a pound. This will keep me inspired to watch the consumption and keep up the exercise.

Pre-holiday weight 137.8
Weight on 1/2/2012: 137. Yippee!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Nice work Pam! I'll be back soon

Today was spinning, I pushed myself hard, it was a jump filled class, and exhausting, but I still got a mini strength workout at the end.

Have a great day - stay strong!

Abby
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Pre-holiday weight 137.8
Weight on 1/2/2012: 137. Yippee!
That's awesome! Unfortunately, I can't say the same about myself though....
Nov.3rd. 170lbs and today Jan.3rd, I'm 176lbs, so I've got a little work to to do.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
That's awesome! Unfortunately, I can't say the same about myself though....
Nov.3rd. 170lbs and today Jan.3rd, I'm 176lbs, so I've got a little work to to do.

Ah, 6 little pounds with your running habit should come off in a jiffy. Just don't regress totally back to the old habits.

CrossFit today. I am getting better! Half of the push-ups (and there were many!) were on my toes and most of the pull-up were using the next to smallest band. At the end I went back the the middle band and was doing "chest-to-bar" pull-ups instead of just barely getting my chin over the bar. YEAH!

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 01-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

I'm refusing to accept various numbers on the scale - the lowest number between now and Saturday AM will be my year start weight,

Cold came to Boston in a big way yesterday - we were single digits this AM- I wore two sets of sweat pants to wait for the bus, then took off the outer ones to work out (they went back on for the walk to the office from the Y).

Pam your cross fit sounds like amazing work. SW, I'll join you in shedding those year start pounds - they aren't real!

The Boot Camp instructor greeted me this AM saying "we'll do a special warm up because it's so cold, so don't work too hard before class" (I get there about half an hour before class). I took it easy on the treadmill - it amazes me that "taking it easy" is now faster than a ten minute mile - I did 5K in just under 30 minutes - I'm going to report that number down a minute soon. Boot Camp was awesome, lots of lunging squating, crunching...

But, now, I have to write scintillating reports -which no one wants to read, but they pay for!

Abby
Old 01-04-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

this week is my cut back week for running so I'm only doing 4 miles for 4 days and at what feels like an extremely slow pace 11:30... but that's what the training schedule calls for so I do it.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Urbanmule
this week is my cut back week for running so I'm only doing 4 miles for 4 days and at what feels like an extremely slow pace 11:30... but that's what the training schedule calls for so I do it.
Your schedule seems to be working for you, so "do what it says"
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Urbanmule I'd find it hard to be obedient to a schedule, but Pam seems wise, don't argue with results.

Today was my good run day - I ended up on one of the treadmills with all kinds of fancy programs, so I set the 5 K loop - started off fast with a little elevation, and low and behold, it was 26.38 minutes when the loop finished - Woo Hoo!

Then, since I had more time I hit "random hill" - that's a trip - it throws a hill and adjusts the speed, suddenly you're struggling up, you'll never make it, then you're at the top, so why not go faster? Reality might be as good.

Well, off to breakfast with an insurance broker ... hate having routines like my yogurt and fruit broken.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Urbanmule I'd find it hard to be obedient to a schedule, but Pam seems wise, don't argue with results.

Today was my good run day - I ended up on one of the treadmills with all kinds of fancy programs, so I set the 5 K loop - started off fast with a little elevation, and low and behold, it was 26.38 minutes when the loop finished - Woo Hoo!

Then, since I had more time I hit "random hill" - that's a trip - it throws a hill and adjusts the speed, suddenly you're struggling up, you'll never make it, then you're at the top, so why not go faster? Reality might be as good.

Well, off to breakfast with an insurance broker ... hate having routines like my yogurt and fruit broken.

OMG Abby.
You are awesome... 26.38 min 5K. WOW

Off to CrossFit... I really, really wanted to stay in bed the morning. In fact I blew off the 6:00 class (which I needed to do so I could get into work early) but am heading for my usual 8:00 anyway. BLAH some days are like that .
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Pam - you get the BIDIA (But I did It Anyway) award! Some days workouts aren't appealing before hand, but afterwards, they normally are.

Today I spun (or had spinning class), some real pushing myself moments at the end, the floor around the bike was wet! Then a little lifting, and back to reality.

Record for me, I've worked out 100% of the days of the year - better get a rest in tomorrow - but that's easy - that's what I'm best at.

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.