Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 03-09-2011, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

I've been doing 2 miles on the treadmill every morning for the past four days, up from 1.5 last week. When my pulse rate drops to about 110 at the end of my walk, I increase the distance by .5 mile. So far, so good. I fit it in right after I feed my donkeys, so I'm downstairs anyway. Too snowy here for road walking (no shoulder because of the snowplow piles). Feeling good all day, with fewer aches and pains and more agility.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

No exercise today except my morning stretches.. I'm still sore from too much curling on Saturday. It's been a bad week for getting exercise. I may have to make up for it on the weekend. Mary
Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah! My chest cold has subsided enough to take a run this morning- never felt better. Did 3 miles before work and plan to hit the gym after work.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Wave!

This is a cool machine, sort of like an elliptical, but it has a sideways instead of up and down straight ahead movement. I did 40 minutes, 523 calories on it today, and my inner thighs feel ready!

Have a great day everyone!

Abby
Old 03-11-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Great to be back running isn't it? Hope you got a lasting happy from that 3 miles
Old 03-13-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Just got back from a my 2 mile road route. There are some killer hills--phew! I've decided to add weekend 2 mile walks to my weekly exercise in addition to my 1.5 mi. week day lunch time walks. My road is three miles end to end and my intention is to work up to doing the whole thing round-trip this spring.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-13-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Michael!!! I can identify with "killer hills". Went out on a road walk with a friend the other day, and I'm fine on the flat, but throw a little incline in front of me and I really start to suck air and feel my heart pound. But it occurred to me this morning that the human body is an incredible machine. If you give it the right stuff to work with, it puts itself in shape pretty quickly! Actually, I'm kind of amazed that I'm enjoying my morning walk (and the endorphin aftermath!) more and more. At 62, I wasn't sure I could get back in shape, but it looks like my body is happy with what I'm doing for it. I have a mile and a half, hilly road, and when the snow melts, I'm going to switch from the treadmill to the road, at least a few times a week, to see if I can take advantage of those hills.

You're a major inspiration to me. You'll make your walking goal, and every day you're out there, it's a gift to yourself. I get to weigh in on Wednesday when I have a doctor's appointment. Looking forward to seeing some results, but my body is already telling me that this is paying off.

Did my 2 miles this morning, as usual. I have another six days or so to go at this pace and then (depending on heart rate), I may increase it.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
You're a major inspiration to me. You'll make your walking goal, and every day you're out there, it's a gift to yourself. I get to weigh in on Wednesday when I have a doctor's appointment. Looking forward to seeing some results, but my body is already telling me that this is paying off.

Did my 2 miles this morning, as usual. I have another six days or so to go at this pace and then (depending on heart rate), I may increase it.
Hey, thanks! And I think you're doing super--I betcha' your doctor will be pleased--do make sure to share your progress with us.

I really do like to walk, well, except when it's below 0 and even then if the wind isn't blowing too hard I'll still do it. I "can" walk inside if needed, but it just doesn't seem the same.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-14-2011, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Boy, this morning I did NOT want to exercise! Had a restless night and lots of dreams, so I woke up sort of draggy. HOWEVER...knowing that I always feel good after I get the exercise in, I got myself on the treadmill and got walking and sweating. And of course now I feel like a million bucks. Something to keep in mind when exercise feels like a chore. Just DO IT. It pays off both physically and mentally. Now I'm off to take the dogs to the vet.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, It's good for you.
I didn't do exercise for 1 week. Feel lazier today but I know I need to do something.
Did 100 box jumps, 150 steps. I plan to do 40 minutes cardio interval tonight.
Try to put my head in the game again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.