Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-17-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a great run. I had a very short bike ride this morning as I was riding with a 6 year old. The great think was being able to go bike riding with him at 65. Mary
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Nottango, great to have those perfect runs, they are an amazing experience.

Mary, a short ride with a six year old has some significant benefits, maybe not cardio ones...

And Pam, CrossFit sounds like a killer time.

For me, yesterday I got about 3 miles of walking some of it pretty fast and hilly. Today was a 1 mile run, followed by some good muscle work. I'm ready for the week!

Abby
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Managed to get in some Kayaking and biking and a short walk yesterday. Commiting to go to the Y today. Didin't make it last week -- no excuses this week. Mary
Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Made it to the Y. Upper body workout and the elliptical. Felt great to be back. Told my trainer I'd set up an appointment. I still have 3 more hours I've paid for so time to fine tune for fall. I need something to help me go more frequently. Mary
Old 09-19-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yep.. I did

I did 46 minutes at 250w on recumbent bike (about 600 something calories)
60 minutes on treadmill - interval (about 400 calories)
3 sets of 20 - lat pull downs at 40 lbs
" " tri pull downs at 30
" " abs at 70 lbs
" " adductor and abductors at 145 lbs

then limped my happy butt on home
Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Recovery day for me. Kinda over did it over the weekend.

The Saturday workout was a killer as predicted. Wall ball shots are combination of overhead push to get the ball up 10 feet then a catch and squat. That was after an hour or so of snatch practice - also over head barbell movement with a squat. Sunday I had promised to meet a friend for a trail run. Since I really couldn't back out of the run I shuffled through (he was quite understanding) but definitetly pushed the legs to their limit .
Old 09-20-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, I’m often jealous of your workouts, Kayaking, sailing, sounds great!
FutureLegend, welcome, I look forward to getting to know you – sounds like a great workout
Pam, time zones are funniy things – your post shows as today at 5:20 AM (I think I’m in Greenwich time)
As for me, it was my first indoor cycling class. Class started at 6 so I set the alarm for 4:45 (instead of 5), had my clothes ready, and caught a 5:20 bus. I was exactly on time, which pleased me if that didn’t work, I couldn’t plan on this class. It wasn’t all that challenging, a lot of learning how the bike works, and the names of technique. The instructor assures me I will regret saying that! The most challing part was pain from the saddle position, I think I’ll get some padded shorts.

Have a great day!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

It's good to see some new people and lurkers posting

I had to ride my bike to work today since I'm kinda car less at the moment

Luckily, the weather is still fantastic out here in Nor Cal and work is less than 4 miles away. I did the ride in 17 minutes, pretty easy except the area is fairly industrial with heavy truck traffic and breathing the truck and car exhaust wasn't fun.
The afternoon temps are supposed to be in the mid 90's, so my ride home might not be as easy as the morning ride.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Was planning on a break... butttttttttttttt lol

It's been a little tough the last few days as my husband has had to leave for work early. Hence, I'm up at 3:00am to get his coffee, bfast and pack his lunch. I will admit, I have cheated on him a bit <snicker> Well.. 3:00am is EARLY.. can't blame me!! I made him an egg and cheese wrap in flatout bread with a couple of pieces of bacon on the side the night before. I also put a juice glass in the mini next to the bed with a container of OJ. I made his lunch the night before (I can't even begin to imagine how to cut up a peach at 3:00am) HAHHAhah So by 3:15am, his bfast is on his tray bedside. INCLUDING his OJ, fresh coffee, and a banana. His lunch of chicken and rice in gravy w/a roll, deviled eggs, watermelon and a peach is packed in his cooler with his 4 green teas and 2 powerade zeros.. VOILE' (Dayem... I'm good).. LOLOL (that may seem like a big lunch but he's just a lil man really and that includes his breaks). The fat in the deviled eggs he'll eat at 10:00am will keep him from being starved by the time lunchtime comes at 2.. at which time he'll have one of his fruits..then a fruit for his last break. Unfortunately, after this routine yesterday, doing my workout, getting the shopping done, cleaning, taking care of the chickens, and getting some gifts wrapped, and making his fried chicken and broccoli, I was DEAD ASLEEP by the time he got home. When he left this morning he said "I'll see you tomorrow".. LOLOL

Instead of taking a break and taking the chance of that turning into a habit, I'm just going to cut the morning conditioning to 30 minutes at home, then head to the gym for 60 minutes of conditioning there, and work as many muscle groups as I can since I'm really not sore at all from yesterday.

Well... I've fooled around LONG enough.. It's 6:00am..I better start with the cleaning and the chickens and get my butt out to the gym!

Be blessed everyone!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Future Legend, I love the peek at your life, there have been a few chicken threads here, I'm excited to see the localization of food, gives me some hope for the planet (but, please don't take away my mangoes!).

Some pain from spin class yesterday, I went out and bought a pair of padded shorts (on sale, but still too much to pay for shorts!), I was thilled the medium was the right size, that's new for me.

Today was the Ryan Workout (weights). After he worked with me last week he had me totally rethink my form on crunches on the decline bench, and they got way harder - which of course is a good thing. However, I am concerned that I am hurting my back. There's a pull that doesn't feel like a muscle working, so I stopped doing them and will ask for help devising something equally good.

Stay strong friends!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.