Did You Exercise Today??? >

Did You Exercise Today???

Community
Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 07-11-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh...I'm still sore from Saturday's bike ride, rode 22.75 miles.
I also ran 6 miles after work on Friday, so Sunday & today are rest days.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've been missing for a week - had a family event which involved a lot of travel (to the mid west). I did a lot of swimming, and got one amazing early morning walk in (I was slighly west of Nowhere), saw turtles and deer like mad. Most of the 4th of July week was eating and drinking, and being with family - and I don't regret a minute of it, but need to get back to being serious.

So, off to the Y this AM - warm up on the elliptical, then crunches, lunges, push ups (yup, got ten done, using a stability ball under my knees), and then Zoomba, which was a blast - a full hour moving felt good.

Work is really really strange today, a co-worker was hit by a car yesterday and died. He's not someone I worked with, or was very close to, but yesterday he was telling me jokes at the copier. Somehow, knowing how fast it could end, makes me wonder if working to stay fit for the long haul makes sense, but of course, I'm trying to stay fit for today - knowing the power of a workout to improve this moment.

Sorry, I know I'm way off topic, but somewhat freaked out.

Abby
Old 07-12-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh wow Abie, I am so sorry to read about your coworker. I had a similar thing happen to me a while ago and I guess in retrospect my feeling was mostly bewilderment.

I wasn't really griefe striken because, as you say, I wasn't really close to him, but I could have been. And I wasn't unaffected either, as it was someone I knew. So I didn't quite know how to feel other than it was like there was a hole or a gap in the picture.

I hope you can take the time to sort our your feelings.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

The alarm was unappealing at 5 this morning, but I thought of how sluggish I've been feeling, and the feet hit the floor. I got in a fairly easy run on the treadmill, messed around with elevation some, but didn't go very fast - I did 3.75 miles (including warm up and cool down) in 40 minutes.

The humidity has broken a little, and it is easier to breathe, but I did still feel somewhat short of air so I took it a little easier.

My thighs were the hardest hurting (normally it's my lungs), that may be related to my lungefest of yesterday. Then, I got a special treat, I had to do two wind sprints on the stairs at the office because I set the alarm off on the third floor, and had the code in my desk on the second! My thighs served me well!

Have a great day all of you!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default You know you've done quite an upper body workout...

When you decide it's too much effort to hold you hands above your head to fasten your hair back!

I warmed up on the step machine (why? dunno, it's hard), then did a heavy weight room time - there was one quiet guy in there, so I was pretty intense. Feels good!

Have fun today.

Abby
Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I keep sneaking out of my office, down the hall and going up a few flights of stairs and getting back before I'm missed. I've logged 17 flights so far and I'm aiming for 25.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sneaky stair climber

Newlee - I love it! We have a more official version of that in my office, the copiers and printers are on the third floor, and I work on the second! My boss loves it because he says it keeps down health insurance costs (until one of us trips and falls!)

Abby
Old 07-14-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

I did a double weight work out at the Y today as 1st time this week I made it there. Hope to get more exercise later. Off to grocery shop now. Mary
Old 07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, your routine puts me to shame...I'm only starting on getting myself in to the rhythm of working out, so for the last few days (It's my 3rd day on fitday) I've been walking, dancing and using my Wiifit. I've lost a little, but I think it's through my eating so I'm looking for exercise options that will help tone me as I lose the weight.

Going to the Y tomorrow afternoon for some treadmill action though, fingers crossed I'll see some results!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

I love your user name CoffeeandCigarettes - add some booze!

Exercise is much less bang for your buck than diet, it helps, but the bigger impact than weight loss is overall health, and once you start getting the high from it, it is addictive - I'm not an athlete, but in the past year have learned to really love the treadmill!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.