Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-15-2011, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Mai,
You have a classic runners malady: shin splints. They are usually caused by either upping the milage or increasing the pace before your body is quite ready for it.

Rest and backing off a little on the training is the usual treatment.

The other possiblity is that you need different shoes. Are running in old or worn out shoes? You might think about going to a sports or running store and getting a proper fitting now that you are officially a runner.
Thanks Pam,
I think I will go easy this week. See how it go.
Shoes? Probably need new one too.
Mai
Old 04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Decided to replace my treadmill walk with a long exploratory walk to an abandoned cemetery or three. With a friend, walked about half a mile from the road to the cemetery, then climbed over blowdown and branches to look at 200+ year old gravestones. On the walk back, we picked up cans and bottles along the seasonal road. Had a blast, and made a couple of bucks in recyclables. LOL!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Great Ratmouth!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

It's storming here. But this morning I determine to get 3 miles run as my schedule.
I ran in the rain (never did before) and it's in the low 50F. It's actually ok on the way out, the way back wind and rain blew right on my face but i have to go back (there is no way but run). I am glad I did it. Tomorrow will be another 3 or 4 miles to complete my goal for this week (5 times).
Old 04-16-2011, 04:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sat - rest day

11 mile run on Sunday.
I got to sleep to 8:00 this morning which is both a treat and a record. I don't usually sleep much past 6:30.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in LA, land of too much good food and too many underweight women.

I started strength training today.... Hard work, built up a sweat, and now at 10:30 in the evening I find myself exhausted..... running tomorrow! Weather has been gorgeous, looking forward to an hour in the park
Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

11 mile run on Sunday.
I got to sleep to 8:00 this morning which is both a treat and a record. I don't usually sleep much past 6:30.

Happy Sunday everyone!
How is your run, Pam?

I did 4 miles and feel very good. Lasagna for dinner, so I have to work for it.
Mai
Old 04-17-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lastri
How is your run, Pam?

I did 4 miles and feel very good. Lasagna for dinner, so I have to work for it.
Mai
Thanks for asking Mai,
It actually wasn't very good, running-wise (the weather couldn't have been more perfect). The spirit was willing, but the flesh was weak . I did the entire 11.5 miles, but ended up taking several walk breaks for a total of a mile or so, and the pace was quite slow.

But that is perfectly OK. I killed all of my workouts last week - Monday through Friday with at least a 500 cal deficit each day, so even with Sat off it isn't surprising that this old lady just needed a little more time to refuel. And I was pleased that I didn't give up even though I was pretty uncomfortable for most of the run.

That's just how it goes sometimes

BTW: have your shin splint gone away? Lasagna sounds yummy

Pam
Old 04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Ratsmouth
Decided to replace my treadmill walk with a long exploratory walk to an abandoned cemetery or three. With a friend, walked about half a mile from the road to the cemetery, then climbed over blowdown and branches to look at 200+ year old gravestones. On the walk back, we picked up cans and bottles along the seasonal road. Had a blast, and made a couple of bucks in recyclables. LOL!
Ratsmouth, now that sounds like my kind of work out! Educational and environmentally sound!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

BTW: have your shin splint gone away? Lasagna sounds yummy

Pam
Hi Pam, Aren't you glad that you didn't give up. I have that experience once, I ran 7 miles, every single step was horrible. But at the end, the reward so huge that I was glad I pull it through.

Lasagna was yummy. My husband signature dish, the best ever. I ate a little too much. I will make up the burn in a couple of day. I remember this tip from Bob Harper, the biggest loser trainer, "write everything you eat down and work it out the next time you go to the gym". That's what I gonna do.

My shin splint? I got a new pair of shoes, they feel very great to run in this morning. I also start out slower than my normal pace (about 30s), then on the way back I try to go a bit faster. It work out great. Thanks for your advice.
Mai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.