Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 04-11-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mai, get healthy – sometimes your body needs to write the rule!

Dave, spinning is awesome, but I choose all my classes based on schedule, fortunately, the Y has a great schedule for me. Looks like a nice cardio day.

Pam “just a nice strong workout” is awesome, the normal is a great accomplishment.

Tunnrida – Jillian called, she needs a break.

We have shiny new treadmills at the Y – seems like a foolish waste of money if you ask me, the old ones powered by hamsters worked fine (channeling grumpy old woman). It took me a little while to figure out all the buttons, but then I got a fast 5K in, followed by boot camp. Tomorrow is well earned yoga!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The morning run is postponed due to rain (SoCal weeny here) and an early meeting, but I'll do my usual yoga practice this evening.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Tunnrida – Jillian called, she needs a break.

tomorrow she will have it
Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I think you can be excused for not running in the rain, not like you lose many days that way! We’re getting scary on that count in New England – 1 inch so far this year (but a long way from real shortages if you’re on the reservoir system).

Tunnrida, old faithful – I love seeing you keeping keeping on!

I am still figuring out the new treadmills, I hit “rolling hills” “level 5”, 30 minutes, and started at 6.2 MPH, soon I turned it to level 1 – I wasn’t feeling great, and was proud of myself for moving at all. Got through28 minutes, speeding it up for the flatter surfaces and then it went to cooldown, the old ones added that at the end, not subtracting from your start time – live and learn – still a nice run.

And then yoga, amazing wonderful yoga! Namaste!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Namaste

Abby, did the replace your old treadmills so they aren't even available?

CrossFit was great this morning. It was a longer workout: 50 power cleans (floor to chest), 40 squats, 30 jerks (chest to overhead), 20 snatches (floor to overhead, wide grip), 10 thusters (floor to chest, squat, and press to overhead as you stand), 500m row. All for time. I tied for first to finish at 16:45.

The weight was the same for all movements. I used 50lbs and had to rest about 1/2 way through each of the movments - 1 rest/movement is pretty good. And all of that was after a long "warm-up". CrossFit cliche: "Our warm-up is your work-out" .

Stay strong everyone!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Short of time today, so a mad half hour on the cross trainer, followed by the same on the bike.
A half mile cool down walk to round it off, that is the hardest thing at the moment.
Best wishes all.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Stationary bike level 3 - 45min
Old 04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by davespan10
Short of time today, so a mad half hour on the cross trainer, followed by the same on the bike.
A half mile cool down walk to round it off, that is the hardest thing at the moment.
Best wishes all.
Originally Posted by Tunnrida
Stationary bike level 3 - 45min

Nice work you 2. Dave, I hope your walking/running gets more comfortable soon Tunnrida, glad you gave Jillian the day off
Old 04-12-2012, 11:36 PM
FitDay Member

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2 - day 9 - 27min
Stationary bike level 3 - 42min
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

Abby, did the replace your old treadmills so they aren't even available?
CrossFit was great this morning. It was a longer workout: 50 power cleans (floor to chest), 40 squats, 30 jerks (chest to overhead), 20 snatches (floor to overhead, wide grip), 10 thusters (floor to chest, squat, and press to overhead as you stand), 500m row. All for time. I tied for first to finish at 16:45.
The weight was the same for all movements. I used 50lbs and had to rest about 1/2 way through each of the movments - 1 rest/movement is pretty good. And all of that was after a long "warm-up". CrossFit cliche: "Our warm-up is your work-out" .
Stay strong everyone!
No, there are some of the old ones still around, but they are in an area I don’t like as much – and I’ll figure out the new soon enough, there’s nothing wrong with them, just user error. Your cross fit sounds truly amazing. I try to make my warmups workouts, because I hate wasting time at they gym!

Originally Posted by davespan10
Best wishes all.
Even short of time you get a lot done – don’t cause new injuries!

Tunnrida – Jillian enjoyed her day off, but here she is right back on the scene – great work!

Today was an exhausting spin, the instructor who thought he’d passed his class to someone else was there, he said “it’s my day off, so I just came in to blow off steam” – we did intervals, totally exhaust yourself to an ever increasing number of seconds, then blissful, short recovery, and start again. I tried to finish with my usual crunch routine, and got 25 with a 5 Lb weight done on the decline bench, but when I moved on to working my oblique (bicycle crunches), I got a sharp pain. I decided I know my body well enough to pay attention when it tells me to stop, so I did.

Have a great weekend, I’m celebrating Orthodox Easter (no, I’m not Orthodox, but it was an influence growing up, and is strong in the community I live in). Another excuse to eat.
Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.