Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
Alright Coffee Lovers... >

Alright Coffee Lovers...

Community
Notices

Alright Coffee Lovers...

Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

I will not give up my coffee, but I do limit myself to not more than 2 cups a day. When I start stretching to 3 cups, I cut back for a while. I like creamer and sugar in my coffee, and I'm more worried about that than the coffee itself. I also like tea, and I don't limit that at all since I take my tea black. If I want a snack but I know I'm not really hungry, tea hits the spot nicely.

I have tried substituting my morning cuppa joe for tea, but tea just doesn't satisfy. Coffee's for getting ready to face the day, tea is for unwinding at the end of it
Old 01-14-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Good quality beans, freshly ground each morning... that is imperative for me. I'm in Lizziecritters camp, coffee in the a.m. and tea later for relaxing. Although, I don't drink caffeinated tea after 6 p.m.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Give up my coffee??? No way!

Coffee is the one thing I decided I was going to keep.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 PM
FitDay Member

And what about tea, how do you drink your tea?
I usually drink good-quality black tea, without sugar or milk. In CZ where I come from people put a few drops of lemon and 1-2 sugars in their tea, some use home-made raspberry cordial (very popular in village areas). I used to drink lemon in my tea but since I drink about 8-10 mugs a day, it was taking tool on my teeth, so I stopped putting lemon in it.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

I love Russian tea, plain and I like orange spiced black black tea with truvia or 1 tsp of sugar.

Spanish coffee is my fav, I drink that black.

MunaAmin, I brush my teeth constantly throughout the day plus floss twice a day to prevent the acids from eating through the enamel.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-15-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

I always drink my tea black. I drink a lot of green tea, but I also have a wide variety of herbal "teas", most of which don't have any real tea at all in them. I drink Stash and Tazo brands a lot, and pretty much all my tea comes in individually sealed single bags. Kinda like coffee, if the bags are open to air they go stale. Loose tea is awesome but very hard to come by. Boil the water on the stove, pour it in the cup, then put the tea in. Heating the water in the microwave makes the tea all foamy and gives it an odd taste, but at work there's no stove so I have to nuke my water there.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Caffè Americano Venti....while reading the morning paper or my email, is part of my morning ritual. I doctor it with a packet of sweetener. It precedes my bowl of oatmeal

Sometimes I have 2 of them...40 oz of strong jumpstarting brew! Yeah baby!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

Folgers puts out a product called Simply Smooth (In a green plastic tub where I live). It's target is for people with stomach issues such as acid reflux. It is caffien free. I am a coffee lover myself and I prefer it black so any monkeying around with the bean triggers an unfavorable taste for me and I can honestly say it's not bad. I do drink a mug, sometimes two, of hot tea a day with a table spoon of white sugar. I have not experienced any ill effects from it. Not everyone's body chemistry is the same so I cannot garuntee similar results but you may wish to give it a try.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

I couldn't live without my coffee! I did switch to decaf and the caffeine withdrawal headaches were absolutely horrible! Also eliminated my half and half when I started watching my weight and went to a good quality non-dairy creamer.

I have to hold on to one vice and mine is coffee.

quinn
Old 01-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I couldn't live without my coffee! I did switch to decaf and the caffeine withdrawal headaches were absolutely horrible! Also eliminated my half and half when I started watching my weight and went to a good quality non-dairy creamer.

I have to hold on to one vice and mine is coffee.

quinn
I tried decaf, half decaf, 75% decaf, every brand, every kind I could find.

Couldn't do it, I had to have my real coffee. With ff creamer most of the time.

I made the decision that my real coffee made me happy and was worth keeping so I kept it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.