Notices

Anyone on here doing p90x??

Old 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

For those of you who are doing, or have done P90X, what do you think of a 48 yo woman who is about 50lbs overweight and extremely out of shape trying it?

I'm thinking of doing the "Lean" version, but I'm a bit afraid of it being too hard for me and giving up. I currently do a couple of different workout tapes, and I've not been able to finish more than 20 minutes at a time.

Am I setting myself up for failure?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Any P90X Users?

My husband and I have started using the P90X and it's a fun butt-kicker! Just wondering if there are other P90X users out there...
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...oing-p90x.html

I've finished my first 90 days and about to finish my second 90 days.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

I was looking for others who were on the P90X program too! I started mine 2 weeks ago and it's amazing to say the least! The toughest part is getting use to the right intake amount of carbs, fat and protien which gets easier over time. Good luck!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mjstallworth
For those of you who are doing, or have done P90X, what do you think of a 48 yo woman who is about 50lbs overweight and extremely out of shape trying it?

I'm thinking of doing the "Lean" version, but I'm a bit afraid of it being too hard for me and giving up. I currently do a couple of different workout tapes, and I've not been able to finish more than 20 minutes at a time.

Am I setting myself up for failure?
P90X is pretty extreme, if you are having difficulty getting through 20 mins of your workout tapes you will probably struggle with P90X. However, I'm a firm believer that if you want something bad enough (and have the will power), you'll do it. If you know someone that has it, you may want to try a workout of two to see if it's right for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I have done PX90 4 times. If you are new and not quite in shape, use light weights and build yourself up. If you discourage easly, they I suggest Slim in 6 or Turbo Jam, I still do these as well, I am actually working in Insanity. They are from Beach Body.

Hope this helps.

PS: I am 44..
Old 02-26-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

I'm starting on Monday. I'm curious - what activity categories do you use on Fitday to track your activity?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

I am 5 days into p90x. It is intense!! Does anyone else have trouble with balance in the routines, especially yoga? I'm hoping this gets better with time.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wellnfit
I'm starting on Monday. I'm curious - what activity categories do you use on Fitday to track your activity?
You're going to love it! It's a butt kicker, that's for sure! I will warn you that you will hear, "Pam the blam" a few times...haha!

As for tracking it in FitDay, I've actually started a thread asking how to do so. It would be great if we could get the option to track free weights/reps, etc. I've just been entering it as calisthenics. I don't know if that's right. What is everyone else using to track it?

Good luck and have fun! Keep us posted as to how you progress.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Oz51
I am 5 days into p90x. It is intense!! Does anyone else have trouble with balance in the routines, especially yoga? I'm hoping this gets better with time.
It is intense, isn't it? I love the Core Synergystics workout the best so far.

As for balance, yes, I struggle with that and especially in yoga. The other thing I find that I struggle with is the strength to do the pull ups. I also do the pushups on my knees. I'm looking forward to getting to the point where I have the balance and strength for all of it. I like what Tony says about the workouts though - just show up.

Are you doing the classic or the lean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.