Notices

Reached mini goal of 200lbs today here's my tips

Old 01-13-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reached mini goal of 200lbs today here's my tips

I've been using a digital scale that gives weight and bodyfat percentage along with a tape measure. Before I go nuts and throw scale out the window for the wrong weight I look at my BF%. Also when in total doubt I look at the tape measure, makes me feel better everytime.
ALSO found a digital food scale at Best Buy for around $50, after scaning barcode with Nikki's iphone they have some on line for around $28.00
I'm not doing cardio directly but what I am doing is weightlifting, 3 days on with 1 day off between with only 30 second breaks between sets. Try doing squats for 20 reps with only 30 second breaks that and training the pups keeps me feeling real good these days.
For my diet I changed from the The Zone and for every pound of lean body mass I add 1 gram of protein, or at least try. I eat 5-6 meals a day.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats...you are off to a good start.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Big thumbs up for being smoke free!!! How do you do it? And well done with reaching your mini goal, may it be the first of many.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats!! I am also quitting smoking and drinking at the same time I am dieting. My mini-goal is also 200. I'm at 221 currently. Looking forward to being where you are! Great job!!