Fitday Changed My Life

Community
Notices

Fitday Changed My Life

Old 02-10-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default One Step at a time

Originally Posted by Snapshots73
HI, Nice work, I wish I could do that. I have a few things going against me, First I know I am borderline obese, I am not very tall and I am starting the curse of the women in our family, shrinking, the more I shrink the more I fall into the obese department, sounds funny, I know, I have friends who laugh...I dont really think it is, I want to be here for my kids and feel like I am entering into something that I know little or nothing about, I stopped smoking on the 21st of January, surprisingly I havent gained any weight, I started working out that monday. I don't know enough about good and bad carbs, protein and everything else to know what and when to eat. I do the 6 meals a day thing but I feel I eat alot and still think about food..ALOT! I eat my 3 main meals, then I have mini meals or snacks in between those. I think you can see my food log ..if not let me know if you are even willing to help me out. I can give you a list of what I will eat in a day. I also workout for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day. I always do 30 minutes on the treadmill, uphill. I do about an hour on the wiifit, I do the running, step and hoola hoop, boxing and bicycle. Please if there is anything that you can do to help me I would be so grateful...I also have a friend that comes and works out to, she is 7 years younger then I am and she is the high side of obese, if she gains a little more she cant use the wii fit. I told her she needs to push herself instead of just doing it until she starts to sweat. I worry about her. thanks for reading this. Have a blessed day and hope to hear from you soon. L.

You may be mis filed here, although this is an inspirational message so I can see using it as the one to start with. Instead of "all the things going against me" start with what's going for you - you are dedicated, you are working at it, and you quit smoking so you can do anything. Take it each day a calorie deficit, and you will progress.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Snapshots73
HI, Nice work, I wish I could do that. I have a few things going against me, First I know I am borderline obese, I am not very tall and I am starting the curse of the women in our family, shrinking, the more I shrink the more I fall into the obese department, sounds funny, I know, I have friends who laugh...I dont really think it is, I want to be here for my kids and feel like I am entering into something that I know little or nothing about, I stopped smoking on the 21st of January, surprisingly I havent gained any weight, I started working out that monday. I don't know enough about good and bad carbs, protein and everything else to know what and when to eat. I do the 6 meals a day thing but I feel I eat alot and still think about food..ALOT! I eat my 3 main meals, then I have mini meals or snacks in between those. I think you can see my food log ..if not let me know if you are even willing to help me out. I can give you a list of what I will eat in a day. I also workout for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours a day. I always do 30 minutes on the treadmill, uphill. I do about an hour on the wiifit, I do the running, step and hoola hoop, boxing and bicycle. Please if there is anything that you can do to help me I would be so grateful...I also have a friend that comes and works out to, she is 7 years younger then I am and she is the high side of obese, if she gains a little more she cant use the wii fit. I told her she needs to push herself instead of just doing it until she starts to sweat. I worry about her. thanks for reading this. Have a blessed day and hope to hear from you soon. L.
Hi Snapshot 73,
I can't see your food journal.
After many years of diet and fell, I found out that. Really there is no special diet or a mirical medication. It's Just Calories in vs. calories out. So here are some of my tips.
1. Find out your calories level, then minus 500 to 1000 if you want to lose 1-2 pound a week (the result will be your calories in)
2. Log your food in fitday religiously. (I mean very single bite you put in your mouth, even a bite left over on your kids plate, just and example).
3. Make good choices. From your food log, you will find out what food is low calories vs. high calories food.
4. Work out. Work out hard, push yourself a little bit harder each time. You will amaze how good you feel afterward.

All that been said. It is easy to said than done. I just get out of the over weight range. I am fighting with will power every day. I took my before picture, so I can see how terrible I look, and I don't want to be that person anymore.
I also look for my old pic, when I look very good. Try to inspire myself. I constantly try to imagine the body that I will become if I am good today.
If you done all this, the result will come.
Good luck,
Mai
Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lastri
Hi Snapshot 73,
I can't see your food journal.
After many years of diet and fell, I found out that. Really there is no special diet or a mirical medication. It's Just Calories in vs. calories out. So here are some of my tips.
1. Find out your calories level, then minus 500 to 1000 if you want to lose 1-2 pound a week (the result will be your calories in)
2. Log your food in fitday religiously. (I mean very single bite you put in your mouth, even a bite left over on your kids plate, just and example).
3. Make good choices. From your food log, you will find out what food is low calories vs. high calories food.
4. Work out. Work out hard, push yourself a little bit harder each time. You will amaze how good you feel afterward.

All that been said. It is easy to said than done. I just get out of the over weight range. I am fighting with will power every day. I took my before picture, so I can see how terrible I look, and I don't want to be that person anymore.
I also look for my old pic, when I look very good. Try to inspire myself. I constantly try to imagine the body that I will become if I am good today.
If you done all this, the result will come.
Good luck,
Mai
Mai, I agree with everything you said and pictures are important.

Snapshot, don't let being bordeline obese hold you back and definitely don't let it be an excuse. I WAS obese, not borderline, according to BMI I was there. Hell according to BMI I'm still overweight. I won't let it stop me and you shouldn't let it stop you.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

You are here and working and trying..that is the first step so keep on going!! Don't make excuses. I have 5 diseases including cancer and I am losing a pound a week by having a 500 cal deficit and logging EVERY bite of food that goes in my mouth.

You CAN do this and we are excited to hear all about it!!

Meggietye