Notices

150 lbs. to Lose!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm already at 999 calories and it's not even 9am. There were 2 birthdays in the office - so of course I needed to have a treat from both of them. Plus I already had breakfast. I feel sick. There was no need to eat both treats - I could have taken both and only eaten half or something- but they were staring me in the face and I ate them with out even thinking.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a rough go of it today, too. For me, I think its a combination of being tired, stressed out and bored. I'm beginning to think maybe I would be better off just attempting taking a nap for an hour or two.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

If I was at home - I would walk. I'm hating just sitting at this desk today. The sun is shining and it looks great outside...and I'm sitting here with fake lighting and nothing to do. I want a cheeseburger!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Blues...

Hi Eveyone -

I hope you had a nice weekend. I find weekends are always the hardest for me. I usually don't eat breakfast - and if I do it's just left overs from the night before. We tend to go out to eat more and grab stuff on the go. Monday - Friday I find I eat better. Does anyone have suggestions for keeping on a routine during the weekend?

Also I'm feeling very tired...and lunch break is coming and I'm battling in my head what to get for lunch. I know I should go for a salad...but pizza sure sounds good.

Thanks for listening (reading) - would love to chat with anyone that needs a weight loss buddy!

Diana
Old 02-24-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Feeling Alone...

So I got into a fight with my boyfriend last night. I feel like he's not being supportive, but maybe it's me. He says he's trying to help me...I've asked him to push me and help me loose weight. But when he says anything I get upset. I feel it's the way he says it and gets mad at me when I slip. So I don't know how to take help - I don't know how to be pushed....without getting defensive and upset. Has anyone else been in this boat.

I'm supposed to be going to my doctor tomorrow to start discussing the weight lose surgery. He was supposed to be coming with me - but now he says he's not.

I'm sad today - and all I want to do is eat.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I try to keep things like carrots, grapes, celery sticks in the house for when I want to eat for reasons other than being hungry. Chewing does relieve stress, and I figure if I can't fight off the binge, at least I can't do too much damage with fruits and veggies. Just don't add peanut butter or ranch dip

It's a long long process un-learning the habits we've done all our lives. The weight loss surgery won't change the psychological issues we all have. Cut your boyfriend some slack and count to 3 (or 5 or 10 or 100 lol) before you respond to him when he's critical. Knee-jerk reactions tend to spiral out of control. Easier said than done. I should add this to my profile lol because this is the second time today I've ended a post with it. If I keep starting over, it will stick eventually, right?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

That is some good advice Lizzy...thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everybody!

I just wanted to check in...
I hope everybody is doing well and trying to get through the winter blues.
We have been seeing sunshine, so it gives me hope that spring is on it's way!! The nice weather gives me motivation to get outside. I've been trying to walk at nights if it isn't tooooo cold. I take our scottie dog and she is not the best walking friend. She thinks she needs to stop and rest almost every 20 feet. So tonight I think I will start with her - and then finish my walking after I take her home. She makes me laugh!! I tell my self - any movement is better than nothing! I hope everyone is having a good week!!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Add me to the list. I'll be 32 in May and while I've always been chubby the last few years my weight has become a major health issue. I found out almost 8 years ago I had endometrial cancer and that this particular cancer (like so many other medical probs) thrive in fatty cells. Not to mention, the obesity combined with this type of cancer makes it more difficult to get pregnant and I so want to have children.

Therefore, I decided to button down and get serious about my weight lost. That said I have no idea of trying to get down to my "ideal weight" of 121 - 145 lbs. I think I would just look sickly. I want to be a nice size 12/14 and healthy.

I would love to have email support buddies and even gym buddies if anyone is in the Baltimore, MD area! I've joined a gym and am working on my eating habits. I could really use some support!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome TyTay! One of the reasons I decided to buckle down too, was wanting to get pregnant. Do you ever watch that show, I think it's on TLC Obese and Pregnant...it's scary to think about. So I just want to be at a much healthier state before I bring a baby into this world.

What have you been to doing to start? Any tips are wonderful!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Today was my first day of trying to eat a High Protein/fiber breakfast. I went with Kashi Go Lean...it kinda tastes like twigs...but I feel full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.