Notices

Fat and Fed up!

Old 12-22-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fat and Fed up!

Hey Guys

I'll try to keep this brief.

I'm 24 and weigh just over 15 stone. My lowest weight ever was 12 and half stone. I know my ideal with would be about 11 and half stone.

I've 'tried' to lose weight for a few years now after piling on the pounds but everytime I try to be concious of my eating or exercise I end up putting on weight as I just seem to give up and eat crap all over again.

I'm going to Australia in April for a years travelling and know while I'm over there I will lose some weight but I really want to lose as much as possible before I leave.

I have been able to work out daily food plan's for myself to intake around 1600 calories with one third of calories in each fat, protein and Carbs. I do get bored of eating the same stuff but I have got to do it this time.

Does anyone have any tips for me to stick to this plan from January to April? Or can anyone advise what my calorie intake should be per day for sustaiable weight loss.

I'll happily cut out beer and takeaways. I work in an office and other than playing golf most weekends I don't really do too much exercise so I can pick this up in Jan.

So much for keeping it brief!

Thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 03:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. What you need to do is decide how much of your 210 pounds you want to lose in that time frame. Then figure out how many calories you burn a day. FitDay will do this for you if you fill in your height/weight, age ect. Then you will know what sort of calorie deficiet you need to maintain to lose that amout of weight in that time period.

Of course, this is an estimation and you may need to adjust up or down. Personally, I keep between 1500 and 1600 calories, which I find pretty easy to maintain w/o getting too hungry. I shoot for 40/30/30 carb/fat/protein but that's really personal preference.

As much as I like beer, I have to say that it is not so good for weight loss. I only have it once a month so you might consider eliminating it for the time being.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-22-2010, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

welcome!

Is your office above the 1st floor, if so, do you take the elevator or stairs?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

I've set a diet up for 1600 Cals which is lots of foods and hits the 40/30/30:

Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g)

Total 1,607 59 169.2 106.2

I do work on first floor and use stairs. I also par as far aways as possible in car park and try to walk on my 30 minute lunch.

I have some weights at home and kettlebells do will make use of them.

Just cannot stay motivated.

I see attractive women on TV and I know I'm not ugly so if i got myself to a respectable weight I reckon I could hoover up the ladies!!

Again just cannot stay motivated.

GT your pics are awesome!

HELP ME!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

thanks. Do you know why you can't stay motivated? I'd suggest setting some mini goals. There are plenty of kettlebell routines out there. If you need help fining them just check out youtube. You'll find plenty of videos on how to do different things.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-22-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I think my motivation lacks as it's easier to eat nice tasting bad foods and have a few beers. Also when I set myself a goal, eg to lose 10 in a month, I know I can do it but I want to see the results straight away and I know it doesn't work like that.

Oh dear I'm a lost cause lol
Old 12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

This may not work for you but when I'm about to lose my motivation in the gym I watch inspirational videos or read inspirational written pieces. Here are some examples:

Creator - by G Diesel

Death Squat

Really makes you want to get your ass in gear.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Tandoori!

I'm trying to be as good as possible over xmas then I'm on it hard from January.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
those guys are animals. I liked that squat bar with the handles. I also like the squatting down to a chair... but it seemed like he was resting when he got down there. I guess when you are lifting that much your body will need a break though.