Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
What Am I Doing Wrong? >

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Community
Notices

What Am I Doing Wrong?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Well, something finally clicked. Weighed myself this morning and I am down 3.5 pounds! That gives me a total of 11 pounds since Dec 29, 2009. Looking to break the 200 pound barrier by end of Feb!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default portion sizes

Fruits and veggies should be your main source of carbs if you're going to limit to 40% of your total intake. I hate seeing bananas get a bad rap - most Americans don't get the fruits and veggies we need to begin with.

One medium banana contains 1.29 grams of protein, 105 calories and 3.1 grams of dietary fiber. That banana is a good source of:
  • Potassium - 422 mg
  • Phosphorus - 26 mg
  • Magnesium - 32 mg
  • Calcium - 6 mg
  • Vitamin A - 76 IU

Pasta and bread - even whole grain pasta and bread - are very easy to overdo, since most folks overestimate what is one portion (a half cup for pasta and 1 oz. for bread.) Most commercial bread loaves are so large and sliced thick - one slice is 2-3 servings in many cases.

Here's something that might help:
Portion Control
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for that link to Portion Control. Great info here! I try to weigh as much of my servings as possible but this is a handy guideline to post on my fridge and compare to actual weighed portions. Then when I am out I will know the actual size of my fist as I think I would generally over-estimate this!