Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Reached my goal weight yesterday >

Reached my goal weight yesterday

Community
Notices

Reached my goal weight yesterday

Old 03-08-2011, 09:16 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on meeting your goal! Thank you for sharing, sometimes it's a bit hard to stay motivated but seeing the success of others who have worked hard and gotten the results they wanted is certainly inspiring. Kudos~
Old 03-11-2011, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Lost another 6lbs, still listening to my body, happy with myself.

I have zero temptations for the foods I used to eat back when I was heavy. Back then I used to lie around the house in my spare time stuffing my face with disgusting stuff. Wondering why I had no energy.

I've re-programmed my approach to food and exercise, and do you know what the amazing thing is? It didn't cost me a penny. I keep saying it; but you have to re-attune your mindset towards food, you have to educate yourself, and you have to listen to your body.

Thank you Fitday
Old 03-16-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
For example, my body always reacted badly to pasta and bread, yet at the same time, my body seemed to crave them. They made me feel bloated, sick to my stomach, and played havoc with my gutty-works, yet, I couldn't seem to get enough of them.

I had to work with my body, listen to what it was telling me. That is really the best advice that I can give. When you diet, you cheat, and the only loser is yourself.
hi and congrats to your success the quoted part from you is the part I need to ask you about: what did you do? I am asking because I crave bread and I feel like I need it too (and carbs, I could never go on trully low card eating style) - at the same time I know if I eat too much of it (yeah, defining too much - that's the hard question for me) I am bloated and crave more of it .... from what you said - what did you actually ended up doing regarding carbs, breads?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by anad64
hi and congrats to your success the quoted part from you is the part I need to ask you about: what did you do? I am asking because I crave bread and I feel like I need it too (and carbs, I could never go on trully low card eating style) - at the same time I know if I eat too much of it (yeah, defining too much - that's the hard question for me) I am bloated and crave more of it .... from what you said - what did you actually ended up doing regarding carbs, breads?
if you have to have bread - try whole wheat instead - it will satisfy you instead of bloat you and give that crash feeling later - try cutting ALL white flour and use all wheat (bread, bagels, pasta, crackers) you will be amazed how much less you eat, and how much better you will feel
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by anad64
The only bread I eat is WW malted Danish, it makes the most delicious toast and sits well with my body (no 'repercussions'!!) I get most of my carbs from this and also high carb veg like beans, peas, parsnip. My body doesn't tolerate potatoes very well so I avoid them at all costs. I have the odd cracker, ryvita etc. I eat around 4-6 slices of WW danish a day. 50 cals per slice and yummy, and no bloat!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
The only bread I eat is WW malted Danish, it makes the most delicious toast and sits well with my body (no 'repercussions'!!) I get most of my carbs from this and also high carb veg like beans, peas, parsnip. My body doesn't tolerate potatoes very well so I avoid them at all costs. I have the odd cracker, ryvita etc. I eat around 4-6 slices of WW danish a day. 50 cals per slice and yummy, and no bloat!
what is WW malted Danish??
Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Weight Wathchers bread, Malted Danish. Absolutely delicious, light, and very tasty.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

I am so happy to still see that you around and doing so great! I have not been able to get on these forums for MONTHS now. I got a new computer and something just was not working right. I have to get on in a round about way but I finally figured it out this morning. It has been driving me crazy!

Deanna
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by showmenow
I am so happy to still see that you around and doing so great! I have not been able to get on these forums for MONTHS now. I got a new computer and something just was not working right. I have to get on in a round about way but I finally figured it out this morning. It has been driving me crazy!

Deanna
I wondered what had happened to you! Thanks for posting here. I am lighter and healthier than I have been in years, and I want you to know that you played a HUGE part in helping me to realise back when I first started that this was actually achievable. You amazed me, and in turn I amazed myself. My weight loss wasn't anywhere near as great as yours, but here I am, right were I wanted to be. I am a healthy weight and have a healthy BMI, and I have so much energy and zest for life now.

You have been such an inspiration to so many, and it's really wonderful to have you back! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!