Community
Notices

Animals!

Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Wow, lots of animals! The last time I lost weight I actually took some riding lessons--first time ever on a horse. It was fun, but scary--those things are high off the ground! Walking was good, and trotting was OK but I didn't think much of the canter (my instructor told me what to expect, buy MAN!) And she told me this horse (Denny) had a pretty smooth canter--if that's smooth.....

Regards,
Michael
Michael, riding is just one of the reasons I want to get back to a normal weight. I've always (until recently) had Quarter Horses, and I miss being on a horse!! My first horse used to love to sprint full out across a fallow tomato field, and it was just so much fun to drop the reins on her neck and let her go! Cantering is really not so scary. You just sit deep and let your hips absorb the "rocking chair" sensation. I love it because it's one time I really feel like my horse and I are one creature. Riding is all about communication between horse and rider...and you gain confidence the more you ride.

Anyway...currently I have a Maine Coon cat, Vlad the Impaler; an 11" Beagle, Music; and a mostly-Bearded Collie rescue, Smudgy. I also have two Mediterranean Donkeys, Saxapahaw and his mother Jessie. If I get back to fighting weight, maybe I'll get another horse! For now, it's nice to have something in the barn that smells horsey and needs hoof trimming, even if I can't ride them!
Old 12-17-2023, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

It's a pity nobody has replied here for such a long time.
I love animals, ahve two dogs and a cat, so I decided to bump this thread
So, what pets do you have?
Old 12-19-2023, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

I will continue I have a dog now) Very smart and funny. Recently, I understood where to Buy Apoquel Online to avoid constant problems with her fur.. Have your pets ever had this?

Last edited by jerferr; 12-25-2023 at 06:27 PM.