Notices

Exam/Paper writing time! NEED MUNCHIES!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck on the exams! Hey listen, if you are really feeling the urge to "munch" you may just be a little stressed and not really hungry. If that is the case, possibly find something that you can hold and/or squeeze in your hand that is going to let you release some of that frustration, fear or anxiety. If you truly are hungry then have a meal. Also, eating some brocolli, celery, apples etc. will be ok to munch on.....and while they are carbohydrates as someone else mentioned, they are water based and you will probably want to have them around to avoid having those craving thoughts in your head of other foods that may not be so healthy. So take a breath, relax and stay focused!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

wow! thanks for all the great ideas guys! really feeling the encouragement for way over here! hehe

So after reading all your suggestions, I went out and purchased a huge fruit bowl filled with pineapples, cantaloupe and grapes! I also bought some celery sticks which I would spread a little peanut butter on for my salt cravings and some low cal popcorn. Annnd I got some high protein energy bars but I will try and save for when I actually feel hungry and cannot access any meals.

Then when I make my meals I will try to have some form of lean protein with boiled veggies and keep it under 300 cals for lunch and dinner. For breakfast it will be a boiled egg and a huge oatmeal bowl. If all goes according to plan, I should have about 900 cals coming from my meals itself and about 400 cals from healthy snacks! which would keep me around my fat loss range! Anywho I feel like I am more equipped now to tackle on the challenge and feeling also less stressed about it now that I actually have the food purchased. A group member brought tons of delicious ginger bread cookies today to our study group and I kinda ate a lot of that. so starting NOW I intend to stick to my healthy munchies and hopefully will at least maintain.

I know it is just five pounds but I have worked hard trying to do it the healthy way this time and really do not want to add a single one back! So thanks to your awesome ideas, it just might happen

Now off to studying/...... have a great weekend all!!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
adderall... multipurpose, helps you focus and kills cravings. But seriously, just try to find healthy snacks, if it's a matter of putting something in your mouth, as stated, popcorn and gum sound good to me.
I did the adderall thing my first year because someone suggested that uuhhhh, NEVER AGAIN! lol
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

cubbyprincess, if you freeze your grapes, they'll take longer to eat, and taste great, too!

GOOD LUCK...wow, this time of year is crazy. I don't miss it. My college used to have "midnight breakfast" during finals, none of it healthy, always in the middle of the night <shudders>!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
cubbyprincess, if you freeze your grapes, they'll take longer to eat, and taste great, too!

GOOD LUCK...wow, this time of year is crazy. I don't miss it. My college used to have "midnight breakfast" during finals, none of it healthy, always in the middle of the night <shudders>!
Thanks CJohnson, I will try that as well.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cubby,

Good luck with exams! I'm at the end of the semester as well so I'm in the same boat as you! Exams, projects, papers, plus interviews for the next two weeks. Add to that that I'm moving out soon and it's a complete nightmare. I feel for you.

I usually have the opposite problem in that when things get really busy I forget to eat, but when I get serious munchies while studying I usually sit with a cup of black coffee with just a teaspoonful of sugar. I find that as long as I sip fairly slowly it keeps hunger at bay while increasing my concentration a little too. That one spoonful of sugar doesn't stimulate my hunger much (too little sugar), so it doesn't make me a lot hungrier than I was before.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Hi Cubby,

Good luck with exams! I'm at the end of the semester as well so I'm in the same boat as you! Exams, projects, papers, plus interviews for the next two weeks. Add to that that I'm moving out soon and it's a complete nightmare. I feel for you.

I usually have the opposite problem in that when things get really busy I forget to eat, but when I get serious munchies while studying I usually sit with a cup of black coffee with just a teaspoonful of sugar. I find that as long as I sip fairly slowly it keeps hunger at bay while increasing my concentration a little too. That one spoonful of sugar doesn't stimulate my hunger much (too little sugar), so it doesn't make me a lot hungrier than I was before.
Thanks Nik! Ya I am finding coffee to be my good friend. Trying to limit myself to only two cups and then have another cup of green tea.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Healthier Snacks

Eat foods high in fiber and protein. Those will fill you up quite nicely so that you don't over-indulge.