Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lindaruby
hi i just found this sight i weigh 253 pounds i have over 100pounds to lose and cant do much exercise because ive had surgery on my backand have very bad knees i have cut back on my calories and exercised this past week as much as i could due to health and i have gained weight instead of lost i started at 250 pounds i dont know what i am doing wrong any suggestions would be most helpful
Hi Linda, and welcome to FitDay and the forums!

What is your eating plan? While various calorie mixes may result in slightly faster or slower rates of loss depending upon your body, at the end of the day it is "calories in vs. calories out" that counts.

If you, on average, burn more calories than you consume, you WILL lose weight--it's just that simple.

So, you need to come up with a calorie limit that is A) significantly less than your daily calorie burn and B) enough that you stay satisified (not continuously hungry) thus being less apt to "cheat" or quit.

Add in any amount of exercise you're able to, and drink lots (and lots and lots) of water and I guarantee you WILL lose weight.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-05-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Man I am on fire this week! Another pound down THIS morning. That brings me down to 335 and a total loss of 23 pounds. Boom!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Man I am on fire this week! Another pound down THIS morning. That brings me down to 335 and a total loss of 23 pounds. Boom!
Hoooray!

Julieann
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

thanks my doctor and i am trying to come up with the optimum diet plan i am already on a diabetic diet and no sodium im hoping the food counter on this sight will help me figure out where i may be going wrong it seems like the less i eat the more i gain or stay the same my doctor wants me to eat between 1500 and 2000 calories but most days it hard to eat up to the 1500 calories
Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, i'm new here.
First off, Congrats everyone on losing weight, you have obviously had to work very hard, and you managed to keep at it! Thats amazing, and you have all earned a ton of respect, and i look up to every one of you. I'll be here to support as much as i can. And i really am happy to see that i'm not entirely alone in this.
I have 100 pounds to lose before i'm in the "normal healthy BMI" range.. and then i will hopefully lose some more after, i would rather be closer to under-weight then overweight. So i'm aimming to be on the safe but low end of "healthy body weight" But for now, 100 seems like a big enough number *faints!*
I am motivated to lose this weight within 1 year. Losing weight can only mean good things for me. Today i ran for 26 mins on the elliptical machine. Tomorrow i'm aimming for 30. I realy need this kind of a community right now, any help or advice, or even just a messege to me will be very appreciated.
I'm kind of hoping to have a friend in this. or someone who wants to just talk to me once in a while. Thats all

~ Misery
~ 250lbs
~ 19 years old
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Hello, i'm new here.
First off, Congrats everyone on losing weight, you have obviously had to work very hard, and you managed to keep at it! Thats amazing, and you have all earned a ton of respect, and i look up to every one of you. I'll be here to support as much as i can. And i really am happy to see that i'm not entirely alone in this.
I have 100 pounds to lose before i'm in the "normal healthy BMI" range.. and then i will hopefully lose some more after, i would rather be closer to under-weight then overweight. So i'm aimming to be on the safe but low end of "healthy body weight" But for now, 100 seems like a big enough number *faints!*
I am motivated to lose this weight within 1 year. Losing weight can only mean good things for me. Today i ran for 26 mins on the elliptical machine. Tomorrow i'm aimming for 30. I realy need this kind of a community right now, any help or advice, or even just a messege to me will be very appreciated.
I'm kind of hoping to have a friend in this. or someone who wants to just talk to me once in a while. Thats all

~ Misery
~ 250lbs
~ 19 years old
Good to see you here and ready to take care of your situation.

I agree 100 pounds can seem daunting (try facing almost three times that!). The thing to do is to forget about the last 99 and focus on the next one pound. Losing one pound is pretty easy--if you can do that, the rest will take care of themselves.

There is no reason you can't reach your goal within a year if you stick to it. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know--all of us understand what you're facing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default <3 thanks

Originally Posted by mecompco
Good to see you here and ready to take care of your situation.

I agree 100 pounds can seem daunting (try facing almost three times that!). The thing to do is to forget about the last 99 and focus on the next one pound. Losing one pound is pretty easy--if you can do that, the rest will take care of themselves.

There is no reason you can't reach your goal within a year if you stick to it. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know--all of us understand what you're facing.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks, I will just keep trying ^-^ .. and focus on 1 pound at a time like you said doesn't seem so impossible that way.
Great job facing your almost 300, you are kicking its ass XD !
I did some research yesterday, and have decided on restricting my diet along with more exercise i realized that exercise alone won't be enough. So 1200 calories is my limit from now on. which is 300 - 500 less then I normally eat.
going to weigh myself in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress made.
Thank you for the support, and inspiration
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

I also have over a 100 pounds to lose. Starting two weeks ago I have lost 9.4 so far so ummmm a long way to go! The stories here are very inspirational and encouraging though and that is what I need right now.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Thanks, I will just keep trying ^-^ .. and focus on 1 pound at a time like you said doesn't seem so impossible that way.
Great job facing your almost 300, you are kicking its ass XD !
I did some research yesterday, and have decided on restricting my diet along with more exercise i realized that exercise alone won't be enough. So 1200 calories is my limit from now on. which is 300 - 500 less then I normally eat.
going to weigh myself in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress made.
Thank you for the support, and inspiration
You're welcome, and I know you can do it. 1200 calories sounds like a good plan--make sure to choose good foods and don't skimp on the protien. Lots and lots of water, along with your exercise and I'll bet you'll see some good results in two weeks. Make sure to let us know.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I also have over a 100 pounds to lose. Starting two weeks ago I have lost 9.4 so far so ummmm a long way to go! The stories here are very inspirational and encouraging though and that is what I need right now.
Glad you found us!

The good news is that generally the bigger you are, the faster you will lose (of course, as you slim down, so do the weekly loses).

Keep logging all your food and exercise into FitDay and don't skimp on the water--I try for at least 1 gallon a day and should probably do more.

You might also think about joining the new Lose 10% of you Body weight by the 4th of July challenge when it starts up on April 1st (which is when the current one ends). Losing 10% of your body weight is a big goal that is still fairly easy to acheive in 12 weeks or so if you work at it.

If there's anything we can do to help you on your weight loss/fitness journey, just ask.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.