The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Well, I knew this day would come sooner or later. Today was my first day where I didn't actually lose anything. So far I've been losing at least a pound a day (It may mostly be water weight, but hey, I'll take it). I always go crazy weighing myself when I start a new plan, and that's just what I've been doing this time. It's about time I start weighing less often now. I'm looking at once a week and no more. Anyway, just thought I'd post an update on my progress. I'm 7 pounds down total, and ready for more!!!

I've even got my game face on.

<-- Here it is.
Hey, it's bound to happen, and I don't think it is/was ALL "water". Once your body adjusts you should see a fairly steady loss per week (and I really think weighing once a week is best, though I admit I do fall to temptation once in a while and weigh early if I'm feeling really "light").

Just a warning that there will come a time when the scale refuses to move for a week or two, even if you've been "good". Just be mentally prepared for the inevitable plateau and don't worry too much when it comes.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in... and to be honest the last couple of days have been a struggle with the weather looking so nasty BUT the positive things are: 1. I did lose some weight 2. I did walk yesterday even though it was yucky outside 3. I turned down chocolate ( and it wasn't even hard to do!) 4. I'm still worht this and I must continue to succeed! This past weekend my husband's health was real bad again. He has heart problems and we were thinking he was going to have to go back into the hospital. But the good news is he is going to try to adjust some meds first so maybe he won't have to go back. It's been a long 8 yrs since his heart attack and we've been in & out of the hospital around 50 times. Yep the math on that is 96 months / 50 is just about every 2 months. Yes that has been part of the reason I gained back my weight I had lost but I know I can't let myself go because I could end up having to go to the hospital too. So I must remained focused on good health for myself and him. Final note, my highest weight (pre Christmas) 231 current weight 223
Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jwonsch
Just checking in... and to be honest the last couple of days have been a struggle with the weather looking so nasty BUT the positive things are: 1. I did lose some weight 2. I did walk yesterday even though it was yucky outside 3. I turned down chocolate ( and it wasn't even hard to do!) 4. I'm still worht this and I must continue to succeed! This past weekend my husband's health was real bad again. He has heart problems and we were thinking he was going to have to go back into the hospital. But the good news is he is going to try to adjust some meds first so maybe he won't have to go back. It's been a long 8 yrs since his heart attack and we've been in & out of the hospital around 50 times. Yep the math on that is 96 months / 50 is just about every 2 months. Yes that has been part of the reason I gained back my weight I had lost but I know I can't let myself go because I could end up having to go to the hospital too. So I must remained focused on good health for myself and him. Final note, my highest weight (pre Christmas) 231 current weight 223
Originally Posted by jwonsch
Hang in there!

Really, there's not much, if anything, more important than getting healthier.

Although we must ultimately do this ourselves, it is also important to our loved ones. I think it's important to realize that, but perhaps not to dwell on it to the extent is stresses us out.

I hope your husband improves quickly and you continue to do as well as possible under the circumstances.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Hey, it's bound to happen, and I don't think it is/was ALL "water". Once your body adjusts you should see a fairly steady loss per week (and I really think weighing once a week is best, though I admit I do fall to temptation once in a while and weigh early if I'm feeling really "light").

Just a warning that there will come a time when the scale refuses to move for a week or two, even if you've been "good". Just be mentally prepared for the inevitable plateau and don't worry too much when it comes.

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Michael
Yep, I just went through 8 days of the stalled out scale phase. But stuck to it, added a bit more exercise, and today I'm down 2.5. So I'm pretty jazzed.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by williamscouple
Yep, I just went through 8 days of the stalled out scale phase. But stuck to it, added a bit more exercise, and today I'm down 2.5. So I'm pretty jazzed.
Good for you! Yup, plateaus can be really frustrating. I'm sure I'm about due for another--last time it was a couple of weeks. Then a normal week, then two weeks with back to back 7lb losses. Weird how the body works sometimes.

I think we just need to focus on the average and not try to micromanage too much.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the suppport

AHHH! It has been a tough week and its only Wednesday. I have been feeling so crappy. I was thinking how dare my life be so demanding. I am sure others experinece this too, you really think you are on track and here comes distractions to get in the way of your goals. I let my emotions get the best of me this week and lost focus but I am back. It may have won the first half of the week but I am going to win the second half.

On another note, thanks for all the support. Keep winning...
Old 01-26-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco

Keep up the great work!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael. I know the hardest part of reaching plateaus is not getting discouraged. I just have to keep my mind on the bigger picture, and keep on truckin'. Like you said in another post I just have to trust the math (I think it was you that said that). I'm tracking every calorie I put in my mouth, and I feel great. I'm not depriving myself of the foods I love, and I'm still losing. I can smell success.

Oh and at the end of the day yesterday, my final calorie count was exactly 1,666... I'm not superstitious or anything, I just thought that was funny.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

I am the first to admit I am a total scale junkie - every morning without fail..... trying to keep in mind the overal average and not let the daily numbers phase me. Thank you for the words of encouragement Michael, and happy to report I am down since monday's official weigh in - no more sushi close to the weigh in day . Consistancy is the answer
Julieann
Old 01-28-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Wink Hello

Just dropping in to say hi to the fitday gang. Wishing everyone the strength and commitment to do something for yourself today. It doesn't have to be big....an extra block on your walk, read some poetry, a movie with a friend. Remember to nurture the soul and the body.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Okay I know I said I was going to start weighing once a week but I just couldn't help it this morning.

I'm glad I couldn't though because I finally broke 350! I'm now 349 and counting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.