Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Howdy! I just joined today. This is a good thread. I have 100+ pounds to lose! My entire life I've basically yo-yo dieted and each time I gained my weight back, I also gain a little bit more! I had a doctor tell me once that I ruined my metabolism but no one seems to be able to tell me what to do about it! I'm going to make another good effort and if this time I can't lose weight, I guess I'm going to have to consider weight loss surgery. Since I REALLY don't want surgery, this adapted Mediterranean diet better work! It's gotten good reviews for people like me. This is my first time using fitday. I've used other sites but I just wanted a fresh start on everything! Good luck everyone!! A new year...a new you!!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default "Err"

Well all, my scale is not happy. All it said was "err". LOL I'm a bit bummed but I'm just going to keep plugging along anyway. I'm using my weight from when I saw my doctor just before Christmas, which was 335. I see a doctor on the 20th and another on the 24th, so I'll get weighed again then. That'll have to do for me for now. Soon, my scale will like me again!! I think I have to be under 300 for my scale to register. I've been through this before but I blocked it out. Hmm...I wonder why?? Have a good day, all!!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Sending some extra motivation for anyone who needs it .... keep going! You're worth it.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:08 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Smile 1st day of a BIG journey

I am glad to read all of your posts. I have to looses 130lbs. Never thought I would say that. WOW. One of my daughters got a gastric sleve and looks great shes lost 120lbs. I cant aford it nor can I take time off right now. So I joined here and plan to go the long slow road back to health. I look forward to taking this journey with all of you.
1/13/2017 245lbs
Old 02-16-2017, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

I cant aford it nor can I take time off right now. So I joined here and plan to go the long slow road back to health. I look forward to taking this journey with all of you.

Last edited by stacyradleyo; 02-20-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 02-21-2017, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Smile up and down

Thank you for starting this thread.

I started my Journey at 350 size 54 pants February 2015
for 1 year I did amazing.
down to 263 pounds in June 2015 size 42
Added some stuff back to my diet and
leveled off at 273 stayed there till November 2016

Decided to cheat for the holidays

Well 3 months later still cheating back up to 299.2 this morning 2/22/2017

I am active Karate, Soccer, basketball but have no will power when it comes to sweets so I have to abstain totally.

So this morning back on low carb Feeling pretty optimistic since I did it for 18 months last two years.

Tired of hurting from the extra weight.

I am proud of each one of you making the journey.
Most of us have never been the eat anything stay small people.

Everyone in my family is obese and have health issues I am the healthiest one and want to stay that way.

Thank you for reading. I will let you know how it goes
Old 02-25-2017, 02:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 2 months to make a dent!

Hey! I'm new to the discussion but hoping to find and provide some inspiration. I'm working hard towards a healthier size, basing my goals on pant size and BMI mostly.

I have PCOS and thyroid issues, coupled with a nasty commute and a lot of slacking over the last three years my weigh has ballooned out of control. Short term goal for the next two months is to build and stick to a gym routine, improve strength and endurance. My 6 month goal is losing 50lbs, less than half way to my long term goal but I want to chip away at it in less intimidating amounts.

I am in school, working towards a degree in obstetrical field and I need to be able to keep up with my preceptors who will undoubtedly in better shape than I am.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm in low carb land, too. Insulin resistance means it converts so quickly to fat. Playing with tasty high fibre and protein meals now.

Good luck!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

motivation has been the key for me lost 20 pounds this month impactfulwellbeingcontent.com has been a help and also forums like this, i still aim to lose another 20 pounds so not there yet!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-27-2017 at 07:56 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-04-2017, 07:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in, as well.

Heaviest weight was 345# about January 18, 2017. My brain nearly exploded. I knew I was climbing higher and higher, but I was stupid. Back in 2013, I started at 312# on MediFast; I lost 69# in 4 months and then my daughter got sick. I've been yo-yoing ever since. She was sick for 3 years, but is now healthy. No more excuses. So, this Jan 19, I dug my heels in, again. I'm in it for the long haul. I'm doing low carb AND low calorie. I've found a rhythm now and have lost around 34#. I had to go buy size 28 jeans this past winter...that sucked. I've got those jeans in the yardsale pile, but I think I might keep them to remember how large I got, so I don't do that stupid move again. Gaining back that 69# PLUS another 33# is shameful. I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for my family to watch me balloon up. I guess I expected them to say something if I got too far out of whack, but that isn't them and it shouldn't be expected of them. All I have to do is step on the scale and not go outside those boundaries that I set for weight gain.

Anyway, I know where you are in this madness. Although, I'm feeling really good and confident. I've hit my stride and hope you do too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.