Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

An update on my progress so far:
I have been doing my best to eating well. I do eat a little more on certain days but I have really learned that living healthier feels so much better than my old favorite foods taste! I'm in the gym 3x a week. I am, at some point, going to try to bump that up to 4-5x a week.

When I started on April 24th my weight was 364 with a BMI of 46.73. A month later on May 24th I was at 354 with a BMI of 45.45. Today I am at 348.5 with a BMI of 44.68. Most of my 3x tshirts are getting to be pretty big on me and I really have to cinch my belt to keep my pants or shorts up. I could probably go down a size in my pants but I am waiting to the currents ones literally fall off before I go buy more clothes. My first goal is to be down to 300 by January when we have a big family trip to Disney World. Secretly, I hope to beat that goal and be under 300 by then but I'm not going to sweat that. I know I have a long way to go still but now I know I can really live healthier.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Chris
Old 06-03-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cladams
An update on my progress so far:
I have been doing my best to eating well. I do eat a little more on certain days but I have really learned that living healthier feels so much better than my old favorite foods taste! I'm in the gym 3x a week. I am, at some point, going to try to bump that up to 4-5x a week.

When I started on April 24th my weight was 364 with a BMI of 46.73. A month later on May 24th I was at 354 with a BMI of 45.45. Today I am at 348.5 with a BMI of 44.68. Most of my 3x tshirts are getting to be pretty big on me and I really have to cinch my belt to keep my pants or shorts up. I could probably go down a size in my pants but I am waiting to the currents ones literally fall off before I go buy more clothes. My first goal is to be down to 300 by January when we have a big family trip to Disney World. Secretly, I hope to beat that goal and be under 300 by then but I'm not going to sweat that. I know I have a long way to go still but now I know I can really live healthier.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Chris
Good going, Chris! I bet you'll easily reach the 200's by 01/01 if you keep doing what you're doing. Congrats on your success thus far.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-05-2012, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I have been lurking & it's good to see that you're all still doing well in your journeys. I have been sticking to my workouts 3 - 4 days a week and logging everything I eat. I have also started going for 1.5 - 2 mile walks when I can't make it to the gym. I am down to to 440 lbs from my initial 558 on Dec. 11th 2011, for a total of 118 lost so far. I am looking forward to be in the 300's soon, and I have a goal of 200 lbs lost by Christmas. Wish me luck & to all of you...keep up the amazing work.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by memiller1
It's been a while since I've posted here, but I have been lurking & it's good to see that you're all still doing well in your journeys. I have been sticking to my workouts 3 - 4 days a week and logging everything I eat. I have also started going for 1.5 - 2 mile walks when I can't make it to the gym. I am down to to 440 lbs from my initial 558 on Dec. 11th 2011, for a total of 118 lost so far. I am looking forward to be in the 300's soon, and I have a goal of 200 lbs lost by Christmas. Wish me luck & to all of you...keep up the amazing work.
Mike, good going! Keep it up and I know you'll be in the 300s. I admire your ability to exercise--at 440ish it was all I could do to walk 50 feet. Do check in and let us know how you're doing from time to time.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-07-2012, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Mini Goal Met

Less thn 2 months ago when I started this journey my BMI was 41.62, I somewhat arbitrarily set a mini goal to get this under 36 (drop more than 5).

This morning 35.95.

I did it!

My weight has gone from 298.4 to 257.8 in this time. So I have officially lost over 40 pounds. I have a long way to go to get to my ultimate goal of 170 so I'm just looking at my next mini goal of going under 255. I'm giving myself a deadline of June 23 for this.

Anyway, to celebrate, I'm going out for a 1.25 mile run today.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default getting back into it!

I started June 3 weighing 361, on June 13 I weighed 349, I am looking at loosing 175-185 lbs, how knows how long it will take the way I am vieing it is it does not matter as long as I stay focused and realize this is a life change for me,, its my life to change as well!. So that being said I am reaching for 10 pound goal weights as my stepping stone at 51 my A1c is 7.2 mytrigycerides are slightly elevanted and my BP is ok with meds, and I want off the meds, here I go !
Old 06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mattymath
Less thn 2 months ago when I started this journey my BMI was 41.62, I somewhat arbitrarily set a mini goal to get this under 36 (drop more than 5).

This morning 35.95.

I did it!

My weight has gone from 298.4 to 257.8 in this time. So I have officially lost over 40 pounds. I have a long way to go to get to my ultimate goal of 170 so I'm just looking at my next mini goal of going under 255. I'm giving myself a deadline of June 23 for this.

Anyway, to celebrate, I'm going out for a 1.25 mile run today.
I made it to my mini goal. This morning's weigh in of 253.6 means 2 days in a row of under 255. My next goal is 250.8 which I'm giving myself two weeks to obtain. This weight would put my BMI under 35 which would mean I'm closer to "overweight" than to "morbidly obese." I would like to see this on the scales by June 28, the day I leave for an eleven day running camp with my kids' cross country team.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I made it to my mini goal. This morning's weigh in of 253.6 means 2 days in a row of under 255. My next goal is 250.8 which I'm giving myself two weeks to obtain. This weight would put my BMI under 35 which would mean I'm closer to "overweight" than to "morbidly obese." I would like to see this on the scales by June 28, the day I leave for an eleven day running camp with my kids' cross country team.
That is awesome! I love being just "overweight". Don't know that I'll ever see "normal" (high normal for me is 169, which is lighter than I was in Junior High). Keep on plan and I'm sure you'll reach your next goal.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-17-2012, 10:31 PM
FitDay Member

I dropped weight quickly this week mostly from counting calories. Exercise has been lax due to a mild case of bronchitis, but I just weighed in at 250.4 so I met that goal of my BMI being under 35 early. Obviously, I would like to see that weight go under 250, but I'm trying not to be impatient about it. I lost 8 pounds this past two week sand generally after a couple of weeks like that I'll plateau for a while. Still, being under a quarter of a thousand pounds sounds nice to me.

Guys, I've got every bit of disfunctional eating problems that you can imagine. I have dropped nearly 50 pounds in just over two months. If I can do it, so can you. Do it for the people you love. Thanks for all the support! This is a lifelong journey and you guys are making it possible for me.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

hi mattymath,

u have lost alot of weight. What have u been doing to lose the weight order than eating rite? by the way whats your eating plan?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.