Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Checking in

Good day my Fitday Friends,

It has been awhile since I have been on-line and wanted to let you know I am back. I spent an hour this am reading and catching up on posts. Your courage and support for each other is amazing.

For the last 4 weeks, I have allowed myself to stay in a maintenance mode. This really has meant that I haven't been faithfull to tracking my intake and exercise, but have mentally ensured that I eat less than 2000 cal per day and walk 2 miles each day. I weighed myself this am and I am 1 pound less than my lowest point this year. Why did I take this approach?

I found my plateaus' were becoming to frequent, and my stress level too high. As you remember, I started a new assignment at work in April. Well since then, my permanent job has become redundant (surplus to requirements) and the job I am on assignment to got posted for competition. So to stay employed, I have to ace the interview and testing for the job I am currently doing or find another postion in the corporation. I also have had a houseful of guests all month. So I decided to focus on:
  • preparing for the job interview (It's tomorrow)
  • enjoying time with the family (three sets of family visited over 3 weeks) and sight-seeing
  • helping my hubby with my mom in-law (remember she moved in last March)
I am proud of the fact that I didn't let loose. In fact, we went to a local water park that opened recently. I was able to walk the entire park and climb the stairs for each of the rides (10-13 stories each). Four hours of walking and climbing. This would have been impossible last year. I would have been huffing and puffing after one storey of stairs.

I bought my suit for the interview yesterday (not much in the closet, given the 70ib weight loss this year) and I am down another size.

So after the interview tomorrow, I am back on the horse, tracking and being purposeful in my weight loss and exercise journey. I have 2 weddings to attend at the end of September and early October. I am hoping to drop another 15 to 20lbs and possibly a dress size. Wish me luck.

TTYL

Last edited by Bubbs21; 08-01-2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Back Jacqueline! Sounds like you are doing very well! Keep up the good work!!! Nice to have you back. You had to have had lots of fun at that water park!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jacqueline, knock 'em dead at the interview!

And great job on maintaing during this stressful period. I'll admit I've been having more fun this summer than I should, but never out of control. I think we just might be able to live more-or-less "normally" one day. It's a nice thought, anyway.

Keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-02-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new here and hope you don't mind me joining in. I just started my weight loss journey a couple weeks ago. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 242. My heaviest was 247. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and high cholesterol about 2 years ago. I got married about a year ago and really want to have a baby but I don't feel healthy enough yet. I would love to lose 100 lbs before fall 2012. I've been eating more fruits and veggies and heavily cut down on processed food. I think the missing piece for me is support. I have my husband but he also likes to go out for pizza and burgers so there are always temptations around!
It will be great to talk with people that understand!
Old 08-02-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Damores83! Jump in anywhere you like.

Are you doing any type of exercise yet? Even just going for a walk will make an improvement if it is something you are not currently doing.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Welcome Damores83! Jump in anywhere you like.

Are you doing any type of exercise yet? Even just going for a walk will make an improvement if it is something you are not currently doing.
Thank you!

My husband and I signed up for the gym about 10 months ago but never went! I finally got sick of being tired/fat and basically throwing our money out the window so I've been getting off my butt and going almost every day. I've been going for about 2-3 weeks now. I do a mix of cardio (treadmill and bike) and weight machines (arms, legs, abs) for about an hour to an hour and a half. That is basically most of the physical activity I get since my work keeps me in front of a computer all day.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you have a good plan! And it is working ... you have lost 5 lbs in only about 2-1/2 weeks! That is great! Keep up the hard work.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wecome Demores! This is a great place for support and motivation. Don't worry about the pizza and burgers, just eat the toppings and no crust and leave the bun. Making small adjustments can make a difference. Good luck on your journey. You can do it!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you! I switched to eating ground turkey with a whole wheat thin bun when my husband makes burgers. Unfortunately, I ate some last week and I got salmonella poisoning but this week I'm doing much better. Eating healthy and drinking a lot of water got me through it.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Virus are you out there? How are you doing? Are you still struggling or have you managed to get back on track?

Please let us know how you are doing and if there is anything we can do to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.