Notices

Hello from Lauren!!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello from Lauren!!

Hi there. I am Lauren and I am here to lose 37 pounds by May 15. My birthday is May Second and I love my dog, Buddy. I would love to make some friends here !
Old 11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard the forum. This is a great spot to find ideas, get answers and be inspired. Don't be shy, all questions are good questions.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you very much!
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Lauren! Congratualtions on committing to a better you!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Do any of you have any good suggestions for weight loss?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Different things work for different people, what has worked well for me is this basic daily plan:

1 hour workout
2 servings of whole grain, low-fat, carbohydrates
3 servings of fruit
4-7 servings of low-fat lean protein
8 8oz glasses of water
9-10 servings of vegetables

I also try and put 10K on my pedometer, keep my calories below 1,600 and my calorie pie at 40-40-20 (carbs, proteins, fats). The other thing is that I start again every meal, even if the last one was bad.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much, I will try that. I hope it works for me. Would it help to do extra sit ups and weight work? I have a few questions...I hope they don't annoy you!

Does it work to concentrate on one particular area of the body (say, legs or abs?).
Do you lose more weight if you become a vegetarian?
If one ate nothing except yogurt for lunch and breakfast would they lose weight?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by butterflybabe1997
Thanks so much, I will try that. I hope it works for me. Would it help to do extra sit ups and weight work? I have a few questions...I hope they don't annoy you!

Does it work to concentrate on one particular area of the body (say, legs or abs?).
If one ate nothing except yogurt for lunch and breakfast would they lose weight?
a full body workout will do wonders.

Some of the vegetarians that I know are the worst eaters... cheese fries, potato chips, garbage food... but it's not meat so they call themselves vegetarians.

IMO you want balanced meals that include a good protein, carb and a good fat. One of my favorite breakfasts is oatmeal, a protein shake and some almonds. Which is:
Protein shake = 180 grams (3/4 serving) of ff milk, 100 grams of ff cottage cheese
Oatmeal = 1 serving of Quaker quick oats, made with water
Almonds = 1/2 serving

this equates to:
475 cals (probably more than what most people here take in for breakfast)
95.g fat (18%)
45.8g carbs (39%)
51.1g protein (43%)

This will usually hold me over for a few hours and give me some energy.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Working out is always good, I think it helps to vary your workouts, keeps your body confused and your mind less bored. It helps to concentrate on particular areas of the body while you are working on them, like when you work the deltoids try to feel the muscle contract etc. But like Mike said you have to work them all for the most benefit.

Becoming vegetarian for weight loss typically counter acts the additional exercise. When you beat the muscles up, you need to feed them some protein and meat is a very good source of protein. However, if you are already on the fence politically and socially, by all means go veggy. But educate yourself on how to get enough protein as a dieting vegetarian.

I suppose you can lose weight eating just yogurt for breakfast and lunch, it all depends on what you eat for snacks and dinner. So if you eat only a low-fat, low-cal yogurt for breakfast and lunch, 200 calories total, but then bust out starving at dinnertime and eat 2,500 calories of double cheese, deep dish, meat lovers pizza, then no I don't think you can lose weight that way. Personally I would get bored out of my mind and cheat like crazy after maybe 3-4 days of eating just yogurt for breakfast and lunch.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default !

Full body workouts are best in my opinion but I do extra abs, push ups and squats because I do see the results from them. I also see the muscle loss if I take too much of a break from them.

No. We lose weight the same way meat eaters do. I have been a vegetarian most of my life. I get plenty of protein by eating the less processed veggie choices. I very seldom eat pasta. Plus I eat low carb anyways.

Why would anyone want to do that? I would end up hating yogurt!
Do you journal your food yet? That is the best way to see what you are really eating on a daily bases and will help you figure out what you need to change.

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.