Notices

Lifestyle Changes 2010

Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. I just found and joined fitday yesterday. I think it is REALLY going to help to write down EVERYTHING I eat. I decided to check out the forums tonight so that I can find some encouragement along the way - especially in the evenings when I'm home alone and it's so hard not to snack. I had a little weight to lose (about 25 lbs) when I found out I was pregnant with twins in 2005. I had to gain a lot of weight so that they were born healthy and I will never regret that decision. They were both at or over 7 lbs and 20 inches long and I carried them to 37 wks which is great. However, they are now three and I'm still way overweight. My stomach will never be the same, but I know if I can get my weight down and my boobs smaller that it will be easier to work out and tone at that point. I have at least 50 lbs to lose. That's my starting point. I don't have a scale right now because it's broken, so I don't know exactly how much I need to lose, but I guess I'll try to come here for encouragement from all of you since we all have the same goal. I'm determined that THIS year, I WILL make this work. And whoever mentioned writing down the reasons to lose weight? Good idea. I think I'll copy that. Thanks for "listening".
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

..I don't own a scale so probably 30-40 pounds will get me where I want to be. I just want to feel proud or at least not disgusted when I look in the mirror.

Deborah [/QUOTE]

That sounds like me! And I want to be able to look in the mirror again too! I also am a mother of three in Ohio. It's COLD! Good luck!!! I posted above about myself.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JRamirez24
This is such a wonderful website, I am so glad I just happen to stumble across it.

This is the year I will change mylife, at 24 I am 174lbs, I need to lose 40 lbs! wish we luck and here we go on my way to a new life!
Good luck to you too!!! It's hard, but I know we can do it!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks JRamiez24! I wish you the best of luck- just keep it up each and every day! Just think how beautiful we will feel walking down the aisles and parading around in our bikinis on the honeymoon!

I'm here if you ever need to talk!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Ohio ladies!
What part of OH are you from? I am in NE Ohio, in the suburbs of Youngstown, Boardman area.

Hope everyone is having a good day & hanging in there! I am actually not finding restricting my eating too difficult. It is more matter of eating the right foods.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ohio here

Originally Posted by Destinyschoice76
Hey Ohio ladies!
What part of OH are you from? I am in NE Ohio, in the suburbs of Youngstown, Boardman area.

Hope everyone is having a good day & hanging in there! I am actually not finding restricting my eating too difficult. It is more matter of eating the right foods.
Lorain Ohio in the house! So glad to find "almost" neighbors on this site. Actually, let me back up - it was so good to find this site! Day three and feeling very happy that I didn't have to join weightwatchers and go to meetings! Would rather be in my jammies typing on the laptop. Hooray for all of us.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Its not where you are right now, its what direction you are facing! Life is a journey. Go for it. We are with you.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

2010 Goals:

-Make it a PRIORITY to take care of myself (mind, body & soul)
-Drink more water daily
-Keep up my food journal daily
-Move more
-Focus on not just the numbers on the scale but on how I feel, how clothes fit better & other indicators that I'm getting healthier as I change my lifestyle
-Eat less processed foods & eat more naturally & "whole"
-Try 2 new recipes a week that help to support my new lifestyle change
Old 01-06-2010, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

2010 Goals:

- Be healthier
- Look good and feel good
- Eat healthier
- Focus on a lifestyle change rather than on the lbs
- Live a more active life
- Get into a bathing suit this summer (i havent done it in about 7 years)
- Keep up with the FitDay Food Journal
- Be HAPPY with myself!
- Get a self esteem boost
Old 01-06-2010, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello Ohio!!!

I am from west of Toledo! It is sooo cold...hard to stay motivated!

I am 37 and currently 155 pounds. My goal weight is 115, as I am only 5'4". I would like to do this by June. My whole family is going to Myrtle Beach in June and I got a glimpse of my back side last night in the mirror as I was getting ready for bed...Yikes! Not pretty!

I have the Mirena bc and I think it's made me gain a lot of weight. Having it removed in a couple weeks and getting my tubes tied. Hope that will help with weight coming off more quickly.

Also going to be hard to give up my evening wine that I love so much!

Good luck to all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.