Notices

gals with 70 lbs-ish to go

Old 11-19-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gmantych
Yeh I have a 11 year old DD and 4 year old DS and I cant use the baby fat excuse anymore either!! My goals is to get down to 140 by June 30, 2011 but at the rate I am going it may be the end of summer for me!
I too originally picked June for 140 and this site said that was not recommended--too fast... so now I am aiming for 180 for March and will go from there
Old 11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

I like to give you some support. I had 80lbs to go when I started living healthy in January. I have lost 70lbs since then and it was always a work in progress. I started out walking then added cardio after a month or so. Every couple months after that I added ten more minutes of exercise. I did the biggest loser videos and they really seem to help. I was not able to do all of the exercises at first but eventually worked up to be able to do them all. Good luck with your weight loss and never give up even if it takes you longer to obtain your goal.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by path75
I like to give you some support. I had 80lbs to go when I started living healthy in January. I have lost 70lbs since then and it was always a work in progress. I started out walking then added cardio after a month or so. Every couple months after that I added ten more minutes of exercise. I did the biggest loser videos and they really seem to help. I was not able to do all of the exercises at first but eventually worked up to be able to do them all. Good luck with your weight loss and never give up even if it takes you longer to obtain your goal.
Thanks Path for your support and good ideas...much appreciated!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Pretty well on track yesterday...good calories and tons of yard work so things went quite well. Need to work on the computer today so I am trying to keep food reasonable.

Have a good day all.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies I am new here, and I have about 70-80 pounds to lose. I have 3 children, ages 17, 9, and 2. I lost the weight and got back into my "skinny clothes" so quickly after my first two kids were born, but that was not the case with my third. I was steadily gaining weight the year before I got pregnant, and then of course the extra pregnancy weight. Now I find myself at 5'9" and 250 pounds. I've never had this much weight to lose, and I'm worried that I won't be able to do it, or that it will take so long that I will get frustrated and give up. I'm so glad that I found these boards to help keep me motivated. Good luck to all of you, sisters
Old 11-21-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Spongey

I have to laugh at your username because my son gave me a Spongebob card for Mother's Day years ago...it came with a button you had to wear that said "To the spongiest mom in the world"...not too flattering when you are overweight, but I wore it to make him happy. LOL

Good luck you can do it!!! This time around, I started with a smaller and I hope more attainable goal...then I will go from there!

Last edited by bobbienne; 11-22-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

OMG... Spongiest Mom in the World... too funny!! The things we do for our kids!!!! All three of my kids (even the 17-year-old) LOVE Spongebob and it's constantly on the TV in our house, and I swear I even hear it in my sleep... hence the username. LOL

Thank you for your words of encouragment. You're right about setting smaller goals, because I just can't wrap my head around the amount of weight I need to lose, long term
Old 11-21-2010, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm aiming for 140 eventually but would be thrilled to get down to 180...can't seem to break 190 when I do occasionally drop...

Spongebob is popular here too...I guess there are worse things...at least he makes adults laugh too

I probably won't be around tomorrow...long work day.

Good night!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone home? Popped in on a work break...later
Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

I want to lose 50 or 60 pounds. I have not been consistent over this past year, so that is something I am working on. For exercise I like to walk, walk my dog, do my favorite Wii programs (Cardio boxing, Walk it Off, and Outdoor Adventure) and ride my bike. I am working on building up to running a mile, but haven't been out on the trail for a few days since we're getting some snow. I am thinking of doing the hcG diet. My niece and sister in laws did it recently and they have nothing but great things to say about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.