Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Community
Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Just wanted to share a couple of my acheivements

When I started I was 295lbs at the doctors on 12/23/2010. I had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and had to take meds daily, had been on high blood pressure meds, depression meds, acid reflux and high cholesterol meds.
I went for a check up Feb.18th and had dropped 35lbs, blood glucose is in the normal range, no longer take my acid reflux and am getting my blood pressure meds cut in half or completely eliminated next week.

Diet and exercise seem to have done wonders for me, I have energy to play with my 13 month old daughter and to just do everything I want.

The big downfall (if you look at it is) I have to replace all of my suits now because they are becoming noticeably too big. I think this is great, but my bank account finds it as a downfall.

I appreciate everyone's post's because it does really inspire others.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't noticed a gigantic change in the shape of my body or anything like that, but I do note that I feel more balanced and peaceful throughout the day.

Largely, this is coming down to two things for me:

1) I have had stomach/digestive troubles since I was a baby. My mother loves to tell stories of how she was constantly switching me around on my diet (breast milk/soy formula/regular formula) because I seemed to develop an allergy to one or another at whim. I'm not lactose intolerant, nor do I have food allergies as an adult, but I simply have a very sensitive and reactive stomach. Since I've started on Fitday, those troubles have virtually disappeared. I didn't know what it was like, really and truly, to go a day without having stomach distress. It's a lovely feeling.

2) I don't WANT to sit around and do nothing anymore. I'm more active around my house. I used to plunk my body down in front of the TV or computer the moment I got home and heave a sigh of relief. Now I don't want to unless it's productive. I've taken up crafts again. I go out on weekends. I have the energy to do this. I *love* it.

However, the compliments of "You look like you're losing weight!" are nice too!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to share that I got below 185. That's one of my plateau weights and I'm happy to have hit below it. I've been hovering a pound or two above it for a couple weeks. Hopefully 180 is not far way. I'm off to burn lots of calories curling all day. It will likely balance out with the alcohol and good food. Mary
Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

I just have two things to mention.... COLLARBONES!!!!!

Julieann
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
I just have two things to mention.... COLLARBONES!!!!!

Julieann
Ha ha--yup, I have some, and some ribs!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Here's a silly, but true little achievement story: My friend went to the doctor because she had a bump on her arm that she was worried about - turns out it was the bone on the inside of her elbow! She had been overweight so long that she'd forgotten there was supposed to be a bone there.

Julieann

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 03-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Banned

wow, that is a funny..... Great job everybody keep it up!!...I'm starting seriously as of today!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

I can see my hip bones in the morning when my tummy is empty! I also wore my favorite jeans Monday and noticed that they fit different thru the calves, think those are getting firmer.... woo hoo
Old 03-09-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Here's a bit of success: I used to have trouble TURNING OVER IN BED!!! Now I don't even have to think about it. It used to be something that had to be planned and engineered. Nice to lie on my side and feel hipbones again, and my face is thinner. Oh, and yesterday I walked past a display of Lenten hot cross buns (a particular addiction of mine)...and kept walking. Didn't crave them.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

This is a silly little thing, but I was getting to the point where I had to replace a pair of jeans every 6-9 months because they'd wear thin on the inner thighs (from my thighs rubbing together as I walked). Now, those pairs of jeans are just feeling loose all over, not even just the thighs but the hips, the waist, calves, and knees. I'm feeling like I'm going to get to the point where that isn't a problem. It might be hard to break that habit!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.