Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default One of the benefits of recording what you eat daily

Daily recording of my food has made me calm when I see the scale jump a couple of pounds, usually right before I drop lower than I was before the temporary gain. I know I didn't eat an extra 7000 calories so I don't sweat the 2# fluxuations. If I didn't over eat I didn't gain fat. So I am no longer phased by the scale. As long as I am following my plan the weight comes off.
The scale does not determine what I will weigh, I do. I am loving this feeling of freedom and the confidence gained through recording food and exercise.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hollyhock725
I put on a way-too-expensive dress that I bought THREE years ago with the intent of losing another 5 pounds to make it fit "just right" well I gained. now i have lost almost 20 and am 10 under my weight when I bought the dress. Wore it Yesterday, and totally got checked out at the grocery store... by someone I went to H.S with and didn't recognize me, no less!
Now that is funny!!! Way to go.

Very nice thread idea BTW. So far the little things I've noticed are, when I put my elbow on the table and my chin in my hand, I can feel the bones in my face and in the end of my elbow against the table. There used to be a lot of cush there. I can also see the bottom of my rib cage when I belly dance for the bathroom mirror. When I lay on my side I can't stack my knees on top of each other anymore, it's bone on bone and it actually hurts. And my forearms are getting quite nice muscle definition in them, from the elliptical no less. I've also noticed a sharp decrease in the number of days a week I have heart burn, and my GI track is more on-track, I haven't take Imodium in weeks (used to take it at least 2X a week min). Oh and I'm COLD ALL THE TIME. Which might sound like a bad thing, but believe me it's better than dripping sweat from walking across the parking lot.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-30-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

What motivates me is reading/seeing all these success stories no matter how small or big the weight loss.

Knowing that one day, I, too, shall come here and post my story and success is really driving me to keep it up no matter how much I might crave something that I've given up that is really, really hard for me to give up. But I'm doing it.

I don't have much to go but it's still constant work.

I'm proud of everyone here. Great job!!! You should all be pleased with yourselves.

(And yes, seeing your face look good instead of like you just got stung by a thousand bees or losing that horrifying double chin, (I just noticed I was starting to get one...eeewww!) or even having a pair of pants you love fit again, loosely, are all great motivators to keep going.)

It's only been one week for me but I've lost 5.5 pounds as of the scale this morning. I started last Monday, cheated on Tuesday when I was frustrated being told I was doing it wrong, decided to go to what I knew works and began again on Wednesday morning instead of giving up.

I'm keeping a log of my weight as well as my BMI. Seeing those numbers go down is highly motivating.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, so here's my little achievement that makes me feel good! First let me set up where i'm at...

I'm a petite person, and was never one to have to worry about weight, but im totally out of shape (in the, i may seem thin on the outside but im huffing and puffing after a couple flights of stairs way) and pretty damn weak. I always struggled carrying home a couple of grocery bags and would never get all the food i needed in one go because i just couldn't carry it. My boyfriend and my dad would always say it's cuz i'm "little" (i'm 5'2) but that gets tiring. It may be cute to them but it's disappointing to me.

Well, i decided a week and a half ago that I'm done sitting around and letting my muscles waste away, and feeling like i can't do something as simple as that. I started cardio and weight training, and lots of strength exercises, as well as eating healthier and making a conscious effort to get in more protein. I'm happy to say i went grocery shopping today and carried home a bunch of heavy cans and liquids home that normally i would avoid buying so many in one go, and was just fine! I didn't really tire out til i reached my block, and normally i get tired at the half way point (it's about a 10 minute walk between my house and my grocery store).

I know it's a small thing, but it made me feel sooo good and like i could do it on my own without having anyone help me or without having to take a million rests in between.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ivywinter
I'm a petite person, and was never one to have to worry about weight, but im totally out of shape (in the, i may seem thin on the outside but im huffing and puffing after a couple flights of stairs way) and pretty damn weak. I always struggled carrying home a couple of grocery bags and would never get all the food i needed in one go because i just couldn't carry it. My boyfriend and my dad would always say it's cuz i'm "little" (i'm 5'2) but that gets tiring. It may be cute to them but it's disappointing to me.

I know it's a small thing, but it made me feel sooo good and like i could do it on my own without having anyone help me or without having to take a million rests in between.
You go girl. And you know what, you're dad and your BF are dead wrong. I'm also 5'-2", and the oldest of 3 farm raised kids. Out of necessity my folks worked me like a man. Believe me you can be tiny and dainty and still built like a field stone privy.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah I have noticed that my clothes look better on me and Im better able to hide my bellY!! lol (still have some more weight to lose) ALso, I liked that my brother noticed. Since he is a guy and doesn't notice those things. Also, my friends comment and say nice things and then keep saying they need to do what im doing!! Oh and my face doesn't look so "puffy". My thighs also don't rub together!! That's a big one for me!! and i can also cross my legs!! Also another biggie for me!!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

For me it's when I think that I may be down a pant size, I'm afraid to go to the mall and try them on incase I'm wrong, but I do and I am down a size. It's so motivating and makes me more determined to stay on track and find new ideas to make my lifestyle even healthier.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

I've dropped a couple of sizes, so I know what everyone means about buying new clothes (although I'm spending a fortune on new clothes!).

A week or two ago a girl at work commented that "my arms are the same size all the way down". I've always had to buy shirts bigger to fit my flabby arms and that's not a problem anymore! I just loved that she noticed.

And sometimes my boyfriend grabs my waist and tells me how little I'm getting. We were shopping over the weekend and I got a dress that's a bit too tight (call it my slutty dress at the moment!). But he just says "might as well get it, you'll lose a few pounds anyway and then it will fit perfect and won't have to stay your 'slutty dress'". He's the one person who knows how hard I'm working and it's great when he notices.

I like the milestones in my workouts too...I can lift heavier weights or pump out a few more reps. Those little things feel great too! Keep up the great work everyone and keep up the support.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

My pajamas aren't stretched tight across my belly like they used to be. Every night this makes me happy I think I'll keep wearing them to my goal weight
Old 06-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday when I got dressed for work and came downstairs, my 13 year old son told me I had a "really small waist, Mom!"

The last time the child commented on my body was at age 7, when he told the chiropractor I had big thighs. Unfortunately, that has gone down in the family annals and is still being joked about six years later, but at least I feel like I get the last laugh .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.