Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Community
Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 04-06-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by pixiedust7976
I am a 5'3" female that started losing weight on January 19, 2011. I started at 205 and could not barely do 1 set of 10 when I started. Today, I am down to 169 and dropped 2 pants sizes, can see my cheeckbones, dropped a shirt size, and can now jog half a mile without stopping to catch my breath. My goal is 120 and when I get there I get there. My goal is June, and I know that is a little ambitious, but I have set little goals for myself. The pluses I have seen are more than enough to keep me going!
Pixie, that's awesome! Success is a terrific motivator, I find. Keep up the good work and I know you'll hit your goal.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, RBS and Michael! Yeah, you should have seen me last winter in a snowbank. Fluffy, deep snow is about the WORST for an overweight critter! Not only do you flounder around, but there's absolutely nothing to push on to get yourself up again. When it gets like that, I just laugh, lie back, catch my breath, and work out a strategy. I knew y'all would understand why just being able to stand up unassisted is a triumph.

Today I did my usual 2.5 miles on the treadmill and jacked up the incline to 6% for the last quarter mile. I think I'll continue to do this. It stretches out my hamstrings once they're all warmed up and makes my legs feel great.

Pixie, aren't cheekbones the bomb? And congrats on the loss! Keep on keepin' on! Sometimes it's not so important how much you weigh, but how many inches you've taken off. When I get discouraged about weight, I do a quick measurement check and usually discover that I'm losing inches.

Michael, you're just an inspiration to me, and I pay attention to your posts and your progress.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

today I took a picture of my butt in the mirror at the gym and sent it to my mom with a text " OMG LOOK AT MY ROCKIN BOOTY" running has turned my butt into something epic! and I have just recently started!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

I WANNA ROCKIN' BOOTY!!!!!!! LOL!! MY mother would have pasted that picture on the refrigerator, with comments. Good for you!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Im sure you will get there. I am only 20 so I seem to be " bouncing back" a bit faster then I though. i kinda thought my butt would go away, it has only gotten curvier. I think I like it.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 PM
FitDay Member

@ ratsmouth~ yes checkbones are the bomb! I also found that my cups no longer runneth over and have to go down a size in that as well. My wedding rings are loose, but I am waiting til I get to my goal before having those resized. I know I went from a 9 to an 8, but by the time I hit my goal is will be in a 6 wedding ring.
Everyone, keep up thegoodwork that you are doing! My favorite quote is still from Finding Nemo from Dory "just keep swiming, just keep swiming" so everyone, just keep "swiming"!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just back from holidays and have experienced an additional benefit of getting fit. I have never felt as good on holidays as I did this time. I had energy to do the things I wanted to do, the flights didn't bother me and I was able to stay close to plan. Feeling good after travelling all day was great. I credit part of that to eating well and drinking lots of water while in route. More motivation to "keep on swiming". Mary
Old 04-10-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up Well Done Mary

Vacations are such a mine field. I am impress at your success in negotiating it! And it sounds like you have wonderful time to boot!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tucked in the top for my run today

A little thing, to be sure. Like most chunky runners I never tuck my top into my shorts. I see the slim runners doing it (they say it is to reduce wind resistance . I say they are showing off) and they always look so sleek and powerful.

Today I decided to try it. As I was strolling up the trail I caught sight of myself in a car window and thought "yeah, now that's what I'm talking about - lookin' good"

Smiled most of the way through the run

Pam
Old 04-11-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

"Smiled most of the way through the run"

It's great when catching a glimpse of the new you can have that effect.
Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.