Notices

What are some healthier Alcohol options/suggestions

Old 11-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Andrea2929
Another good option is 1 shot of clear liquor (less toxins) + LOTS of ice + just a splash of juice or soda.

My favorite is clear rum + ice + splash of diet coke + lots of lime juice. And because it is stronger than a normal mixed drink you are forced to sip it very slowly.
You are? Oops!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
You are? Oops!
haha lol
Old 11-14-2010, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

You are? Oops!
Ha!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thought I'd chime in here as well.

Red wine has come up as an obvious 'healthy' choice as far as alcohol goes. The only problem is that it's relatively carby, so if you're watching those I'd go for a drier white wine. If you're a beer person (like me) you will cringe at having to drink a Bud Select just because it's low on calories - its pretty devoid of flavor and life too. Beer is best kept to special occasions because any beer worth drinking has at least 100 kcal per 12 oz. (my opinion).

Aside from those two, if you are strictly watching calories then hard liquor neat or on ice is the way to go. If you're consuming alcohol and not eating much with it, most of what little you do eat will fuel your body's processing of the alcohol, so as long as you're in control that evening and don't impulsively go hot dog binging after a night of drunken revelry, you should be fine.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...oRyfkA&cad=rja

This is a great site for beer cal/car info. I have no problem fitting in a few 100 cal, 5 carb beers if I want to! And a 64 cal/0 carb shot or two!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
Thought I'd chime in here as well.

Red wine has come up as an obvious 'healthy' choice as far as alcohol goes. The only problem is that it's relatively carby, so if you're watching those I'd go for a drier white wine. If you're a beer person (like me) you will cringe at having to drink a Bud Select just because it's low on calories - its pretty devoid of flavor and life too. Beer is best kept to special occasions because any beer worth drinking has at least 100 kcal per 12 oz. (my opinion).

Aside from those two, if you are strictly watching calories then hard liquor neat or on ice is the way to go. If you're consuming alcohol and not eating much with it, most of what little you do eat will fuel your body's processing of the alcohol, so as long as you're in control that evening and don't impulsively go hot dog binging after a night of drunken revelry, you should be fine.
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I find that a bottle of lite beer and lots of ice goes a long ways.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

White wine spritzer anyone? I know, I know, not the best way to enjoy wine but less calories. Also vodka and cranberry and grapefruit. I'm not a big drinker but I do like me a Cosmo every once in a blue moon. If I'm gonna drink beer (which is raaaaare and usually only when it's hot or I'm in New Orleans) I'm gonna enjoy it. Corona or Abita with a fresh slice of lime anyone?

I also think that what people say about alcohol lowering the food inhibition is good advice. But don't drink on an empty stomach! I can warn you about that from experience!

Last edited by canary52; 11-17-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...oRyfkA&cad=rja

This is a great site for beer cal/car info. I have no problem fitting in a few 100 cal, 5 carb beers if I want to! And a 64 cal/0 carb shot or two!
Thanks!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

I like the new budweiser 55 calorie beer, you can have two to the one light beer without all the calories. I make sure I do a good cardio the next day (I know you might have to suffer through the hangover) to make up the calories consumed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.