Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
How long before ????????? >

How long before ?????????

Community
Notices

How long before ?????????

Old 12-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

People seemed to notice on me right away. They want to know how many "pounds" I have lost. Not many, I just don't carry any extra weight well because I get bloated and puffy so it always looks like more.

My before and after picture was a 4&1/2 pound difference. I know my weight lifting had a lot to do with it, because muscle replaced a lot of the fat and takes up way less room!
Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, I'm down roughly 120 or thereabouts (having been over the scale's 400 lb. capacity when I started in May) and finally within the last couple of weeks people are starting to (publicly) notice.

I'm sure many noticed before, but for people who see you every day it is kind of a gradual thing. And, I'm sure many are too polite to mention it. I have gotten quite a few "how are you doing?" type of comments--I think people may wonder about various medical conditions that can cause weigt loss.

Oh, and I love the "so, how are you doing it?" question. I tell everyone I found this radical new diet concept--"eat less and exercise more".

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, that is just amazing progress. You should be so proud of yourself.

I've always thought that when it takes 50-75 pounds for anyone to notice I've lost weight ("have you done something different to your hair?") it's because once I fall into the category of very fat, it's just sort of all encompassing.

Most people look and think "wow, she's very fat," and they don't bother to break it down into degrees. So when I'm losing, but still very fat, it doesn't register.