Notices

How long before ?????????

Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default It took 20 lbs.

Like some of the other posts in this thread, I think my chubby cheeks were most noticeable.

None really funny, but I love it when one friend calls me 'skinny'. Honestly, I'm not there yet, but I love that I've dropped 35 lbs. (New goal is another 30)

My slacks have gone from the painted on look, to hard to keep on!! I've tightened my belt three notches.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Almost 20 pounds gone and not one person has even said a thing........
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

I was in court the other day and one of the attorneys I hadn't seen in a while stopped me and said I looked so different with my hair longer.

My hair hasn't changed. But I am 20 pounds lighter.

People are strange.

Good job, me2forever...I'll say it; I'm sure you look great! And healthy
Old 10-21-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

I was at my daughters' swim meet and the coach asked the girls if their dad had remarried. I had lost 110 lbs. over 15 years (but the last 60 lbs. were over 1 year). I had also "became" blond and started working out. That was in 2002. We have been together since 1970 and it definately gave the marriage a midlife kickstart rather than a midlife crisis.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lindafaust
I was at my daughters' swim meet and the coach asked the girls if their dad had remarried. I had lost 110 lbs. over 15 years (but the last 60 lbs. were over 1 year). I had also "became" blond and started working out. That was in 2002. We have been together since 1970 and it definately gave the marriage a midlife kickstart rather than a midlife crisis.
People are so jealous some times. I have people tell me "you dont want to lose any more weight to look haggard" or " when one gets older you shouldnt get that skinny because your skin sags"
Makes me laugh there skin sags ang they are fat and out of shape as wel lol
Old 10-23-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default About 50lbs lost...

I work in an office of a factory with 4 people, two men and two women. The one woman kept saying the first 15lbs or so that it is water weight??? That made me laugh. Now, the second woman was nice about it and kept making comments after about 20lbs lost. I really just thought she was being nice by saying I am shrinking and I don't need to lose any more or how much more are you going to lose. After about 50lbs I was getting comments from people I don't talk to at the factory I work at. Even the two guys I work with said good job. I had people stopping me asking what I am doing and come to find out I didn't know that everyone in the factory was talking about my weight loss even though they don't know my name. I have now lost 65 lbs and still get comments. Just last week I had a woman look at me and say no your not her. There is a girl here who lost alot of weight and I thought it was you. I said it is me and she congratulated me. It is just funny that the woman in my office who said I lost water weight at first has not had one good comment about my weight loss. Some people just have nothing to say. You just have to keep going and do it for yourself. Don't stop because someone else. I think people get jealous and don't want you to look better than them. To everyone keep up the good work!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Well my weight loss began at college and NEVER ONCE in the whole year did anyone mention my weight loss. I mean I lived in a girls dorm for crying out loud and they were always talking about weight and food and dieting and all but no one said a word to me. I could see and feel the difference in my body though and that was enough for me.
But when I went home for breaks everyone was talking to me about it, so it started at around 30ish pounds.
One lady was like "Oh My Goodness, you have a waist!!!" (10 people must have heard her say that, it was at a wedding, rather embarrashing!)
An Uncle told me, "Wow, you sure are a knock out!"
Another lady, "You just have to throw out your clothes" *grabs excess cloth* "I can hardly find you in there!"
Old 11-21-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
People are strange.
You should know that! Aren't you a psychologist?

I always used to be a skinny-fat kid. Like really tall and lanky, with a slightly protruding gut. People used to think I'd blow over in high winds.

Anyways, a couple years ago I started working out seriously, and putting on muscle. The weirdest part was, every time I'd visit my family, they would think that I was losing more and more weight!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

It took about 15 pounds or so before people started noticing. I've had supportive comments like one of the trainers at the gym who told me he's seen me working hard and it shows, or one of my students who said, "my mom wants to know how you lost so much weight. She said you look skinny." There have also been comments that I think are odd- but still motivate me, such as my friend's husband who told me to stop losing weight and I shouldn't lose any more, my hairdresser also told me I don't need to lose any more weight, and my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who was leaving said, "Bye skinny. Don't lose any more weight before the next time I see you." It in a way can be frustrating though because you think ya they are right, I look good. Then I think, wait a minute, I'm still overweight... maybe they are just trying to trick me. I guess it's just nice that people notice and that's the motivation in itself.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

I've lost ~25 pounds, very gradually over almost 6 months. I returned from a run one day last week, and had peeled off the top layers of clothes. I was reaching for something while wearing my sports bra, and my 8 yr old daughter looked at me and said "Mommy you're skinny!" Made my day! I don't want her to ever have weight issues like I have, so have been very careful to not discuss weight loss with her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.