Notices

Well, Back From Vacation...

Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Well, Back From Vacation...

Well, I have returned and I have a lot of work to do. Considering there were 7 of us in the room, we had at least 40 soft drinks, and I had a sip or two. There were snack cakes, cookies, gravy, biscuits, bacon, sausage, etc. Man, I was pissed at myself. Honestly though, I had a banana and apple everyday. I also ate eggs mostly with one biscuit, one piece of bacon or one piece of sausage. I had it pretty under control until two nights before we left.

I did play in the ocean and pool all day, took a long walk one morning and rode the exercise bike one morning.

I could have done a lot worse, but I COULD HAVE DONE AND SHOULD HAVE DONE A LOT BETTER.

BACK TO WORK NOW AND ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, that was my vacation too, coulda done worse but definitely coulda done better. But hey, it was a vacation and I've almost got what I gained back off. Getting back to work was harder than I expected, been back two weeks and I just now feel "back on my game". We've just got to start over one more time. Welcome back : )
Old 08-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

My sentiments exactly! Vacation really derailed me. I did well for the first part visiting family (no small feat; my mom has every kind of chocolate known to mankind in her house, plus donuts, coffeecake, etc.) and on the visit to Hershey Park, but when we hit the beach last week it all fell apart. I came home with five extra pounds, one of which I lost this week, and like Lizzy, now feel back on track again. It feels good to be back; I'm glad I learned the lesson, and I'm sure you will get right back on the horse. Glad you posted this, cause I need to remember, too!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

I can relate to you guys. Even though I didn't go on vacation, my sister and brother were in town for several days and we spent a lot of it at my mom's house. Although she doesn't stock chocolates and coffee cake, she regularly cooks for an army and pushes food on everyone. I kept it pretty well under control (aside from one day), but it really made me realize how damaging the habits I grew up with are (home made from-scratch food, but also carb heavy, huge portions, and served with a "clean your plate" mentality). It also made me appreciate the changes I've made to my own lifestyle on a whole different level. It's like I've created a haven of self-control, dedicated exercise, and healthy choices around myself at home and now need to keep working on ways to turn that environment into a bubble I can take with me when I get into tough situations lasting longer than a single meal (i.e. where peoples emotions are so tied to the food being served -- sounds a lot like your family College). Sounds weird, I know, but that's the best way I can say it for now...
Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

I think that you did really well for all the temptation you faced. You were on vacation, so it's permissible to take a little time off the diet. Really it is, what is a vacation for, if not to "get away from it all"? I feel motivated by you guys being "not too bad, but not too good". There's hope for me after all.

We're leaving for vacay next week for 2 weeks in sunny FL. Anyhow, we're going with both sets of parents for a "money is no object" Disney spree to spoil the kids. I'm both looking forward to it and dreading the challenge to my self control. I feel a little like it's a big fat test and although I've studied and know my stuff, there's a 50/50 chance my brain will disengage. My mother is a feeder, seriously, she's good for 2lbs/day and my MIL has been fighting the bulge as long as I've known her. Surprisingly my mother is a few dress sizes smaller, but faster with the food throw down than MIL. Bobby Flay's got nothin' on mama. Wish me luck.