Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Mental Fitness - Overcoming Emotions & Negativity >

Mental Fitness - Overcoming Emotions & Negativity

Community
Notices

Mental Fitness - Overcoming Emotions & Negativity

Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

One of the things I have done is my desktop wallpaper. I take weekly progress pictures (it sets of four, front, side, back, side) and set it as the wallpaper. I also have a picture of what I want to look like on the front of my Iphoto

I have a mac, which allows me to do this crazy easy, so that is nice
Old 08-05-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

You got a lot of good advice here. I don't make a rule as to what time I stop eating either, because I figure it matters more whether I stay within my daily limit. I don't eat any big meals before bed, LOL, but I do have a snack or two after dinner, but before bed. I have been known to snack on fruit, yogurt, sugar free jello, rice cakes (I like the mini caramel flavored ones for true munchies), a protein shake, plain popcorn, craisins, almonds, whatever gets me through
Old 08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
FitDay Member

Herbal tea has 0 calories. Fresh veggies are in season now, my current fave when I'm up late at the computer is cucumber slices, thin sliced with some sea salt. Eat em like potato chips for 15 calories. Celery sticks are good too, baby carrots, blueberries etc. I'm also a gamer, and when I hear someone else munching on the headphones, my mind goes "Oooh! Snack time!" Fruits, veggies, and tea beats movie theater buttered popcorn or potato chips. I also am the sort that will crave something simply because I can't have it, so for me nothing's off limits, I just have to measure out the portions. I allow myself 10% of my daily calories for "treat" foods, today that was a miniature Drumstick ice cream cone, 140 calories of real full fat portion controlled goodness. I do better with prepackaged desserts, so I don't have to measure.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks almeeker! I didnt realize that about carbs.Which explains to me why today I am tired and lethargic. Last night I was eating peanut butter by the spoonful (twice) before I stopped to question why. Now I know it was the carb overload. I had almost twice what I am allowed per day and not enough protein. My blood glucose was way out of whack. I just love these 'when the penny drops' moments. Today, I will balance my carb/protein better. That is todays goal. One day at a time eh!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have a "time" set either, but I usually try to get to sleep around 11:00 or 11:30. This week has been earlier for me since I'm trying to give my body more rest (which is important for weight loss). My cutoff is around 8:00 for that reason.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

When my kids were young I read something that said when they were tired they thought they were hungry, so if they said they were hungry after the dinner hour, I just put them to bed. Thats what I do too.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolathon
When my kids were young I read something that said when they were tired they thought they were hungry, so if they said they were hungry after the dinner hour, I just put them to bed. Thats what I do too.
Oooh interesting. I know I don't get enough sleep, so maybe that's the real cause of late night snacking. I have been trying to satiate my after-hours hunger pangs with water, to see if quenching my thirst staves off the munchies -- and, I have also forced myself to go to bed (even if I don't feel tired) to avoid eating.