Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > FitDay Custom Foods
An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients? >

An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients?

Community
Notices

An easy way to create a custom food with multiple ingredients?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

I use this site for recipes: Link removed
It actually is very similar to fitday other than you can't save a journal - it just keeps one day.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default jennij64

I have just started to use FitDay. I am having a problem with Custom Foods.
I have created a custom list but when I send the food to Food Log all of the properties of that food show up a '0'.
What am I doing wrong. I so need to work out my gluten/yeast free recipes and find their calorie value per portion but cannot get the program to say how many calories etc. are in each recipe. Help! Help! Help! Pleaseeee.

Jennij64
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

I use caloriecount.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-06-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

For the zuppa toscana traditional way i have found this values in Italy.
here is the recipe for one person.

1 lb Mango Smoked Chicken Sausage
1 1/2 lb Medium Red Potatoes
1 medium Onion, Sweet
2 Garlic Clove
30 g Crumbled Real Bacon Bits
8 cups Water
4 tsp Chicken Base
1 cup Half-n-half
2 cups Organic Green Kale

Cut Sausage into slices. (or small pieces)

In a stock pot,brown sausage, onion, potatoes(sliced in 1/4" slices),and garlic until onion is transparent.

Add water and Chicken Base. Stir to dissolve the chicken base. Add bacon bits and kale.

Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.

Add salt and pepper to taste.

Simmer for another 10 minutes.

Turn heat to low , add the half and half.

Heat through and serve

one serving

Amount per Serving
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Sodium 960mg 40%
Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A44%
Vitamin C43%
Calcium4
Iron7%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 21.2% Carbs 56.5%
Protein 4.7%
Old 10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Setting up a custom food with multiple ingredients

Enter all the ingredients on a day with no other entries on the food diary. Print out the results which will give you a reminder of the individual components or take a note of the calories protein fat carbs etc.
Then enter as new custom food, give it a name plus whole recipe or single serve. I use whole recipe and then when entering in food log at a later date I give it a fraction depending on what serving size I end up using. Eg 1 of 5 is entered as .2 serving
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

How lame is this.....???? Obviously FitDay sucks if you have to jump through these kind of hoops to make a recipe.....
Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Custom Recipies

I use Caloriecount on foods new recipe, type in your ingredients and then it gives you a nutrition label for that recipe. Save and go back later to my recipes on calorie count or save as a custom food in Fitday. They really need to make it easier to add brand name foods and custom recipes.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

I create a custom food for the recipe and drag all the ingredients to it and then use my computer's calculator (or just do the math in my head) to go down the list and divide into however many servings and it calculates everything. I check the cals in Fitday and round them then save. When naming my recipe I note how many servings the recipe makes so we cooking a full recipe another time I know how much of an ingredient to use. I don't have any need to go to another website to calculate anything when I have Fitday PC.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

I use Links removed to get approximate values for a lot of restaurant/prepackaged foods that aren't in FitDay's database. I also use the back of the box for this. For calculating recipes, I use and. Another site I've been loving lately is food.com which is a user created database of THOUSANDS of recipes. You can search by ingredients, main dish or side, time and difficulty to make-it's awesome. Some recipes have nutrition info, some don't but it's pretty easy to plug it into one of the recipe calculators above. I used to do the math by hand when I started out too, the online tools save a lot of time. Open fitday in one window, and a calculator in the other, shrink the windows to make them both appear side by side, and it's sooo much easier. It also gets easier as you go, because you can browse your previously entered foods as well as your custom ones. Make sure you put some sort of unit on your recipe names(whole recipe, 1 cup, something like that) so you remember later what the portion size is, because FitDay's custom foods always come up as "one serving" in the measurement slot.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-22-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Lizzycritter;25417 Open fitday in one window, and a calculator in the other, shrink the windows to make them both appear side by side, and it's sooo much easier. .[/QUOTE]

Great time saver!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.