Notices

Sugar content

Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Rhea1212
I agree, as someone who goes overboard easily on sugar, I really need to be able to track my grams of sugar intake. I have lost 55lbs so far, but am stalled. Does the advance version track sugar?
Welcome to the forums. I don't "think" it does, but I don't currently have the Premium or the PC versions of FitDay (though I hope to soon). This has been a pretty popular request so I imagine it will eventually get added. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself will enlighten us.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rhea1212
I have lost 55lbs so far, but am stalled. Does the advance version track sugar?
Congrats and no, I don't believe it does.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Since sugar and carbs are listed seperatly on food lables, this confuses us. are we supposed to add them together or just not put the sugars in?? This is pretty silly and i hope it changes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lauraeb
Since sugar and carbs are listed seperatly on food lables, this confuses us. are we supposed to add them together or just not put the sugars in?? This is pretty silly and i hope it changes
I think that the sugar on the ingredient label is already included in the total carbs, same as some labels give the total fat then break it down.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I use both versions of the software-PC and Premium and have the most "up to date" version of PC. Neither version offers a separate tracking method for sugar.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default How should i log sugar on fitday.com?

I put the nutrition labels of the food I eat into my Fitday.com log.
(I love Kashi Frozen entrees for lunch, easy, whole grains, and yummy).

If there are 3 grams of sugar in my entree should I put that under alcholoh or just add it the carb total????

thanks!!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by suzmarina
I put the nutrition labels of the food I eat into my Fitday.com log.
(I love Kashi Frozen entrees for lunch, easy, whole grains, and yummy).

If there are 3 grams of sugar in my entree should I put that under alcholoh or just add it the carb total????

thanks!!
On FitDay, alcohol is alcohol--not sugar. There is currently no way to enter "sugar". To the best of my knowledge, "sugar" should already be included in the total carb value on the label so you shouldn't have to enter it at all. I think they just break it out on the label for those who need to keep track of it separately.

Regards,
Michael

PS Welcome to the FitDay forums!

PPS I moved your thread to a more appropriate subforum. Please feel free to introduce yourself in the Newbie thread, if you like.

Last edited by mecompco; 02-01-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Tracking sugar

One of my big problems is sugar and would like to track it and see just how much I do consume. Can an entry for sugar (calories and grams) be added to food journal and trackers please?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Question New on confused

Hi folks, new here and testing the waters with the free version of the food tracker.

Why is alcohol on the tracker but not sugar? have I missed something obvious?

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay.

I have moved your post since this has been brought up several times before. FitDay is working on making some of the requested changes and hopefully adding sugar will be an option in the near future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.