Notices

How the body reach' that plateau?

Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default How the body reach' that plateau?

Has anyone read Crack the Fat loss Code? and/or does anyone understand the body 72 hr reserve and 48 hr conserve cycle? Here's the little info I have, if anyone with more knowledge can add to it that would be great!

Every 72 hr your body evaluates and calculates the energy you put in (food) how much it can reserve in the muscle for later use.

Every 48 hr your body evaluates and calculates the energy you put out (expenditure) and determines what to do with it?

this is the 72/48 hour cycle of reserve and converse and that influences the plateau in our dieting or efforts to lose weight...

so any takers? I have no idea what half of this is talking about...but what I pulled from it is that clearly that's why fluctuating the calories and carbs makes it so you lose faster, leave your body guessing...
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

wow that is alot to take in and still not understandable huh?

Think of your body as a machine, it resets itself using the info (food/workouts) that you have put into it. If you constanty enter the same info, it doesnt have to work to figure it out.. by changing the info ( cals, carbs, workouts ect) it makes your machine (lol body) work harder and smarter.

Ok so maybe thats as confusing as the first expalnation....i confess computer geek here. :P
Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DecemberBlue
Every 72 hr your body evaluates and calculates the energy you put in (food) how much it can reserve in the muscle for later use.

Every 48 hr your body evaluates and calculates the energy you put out (expenditure) and determines what to do with it?
If this were true, I think the conclusion / advice would be: (1) maintain a calorie deficit over each period of three consecutive days (hence achieving a calorie deficit over each 72 hour period) and (2) exercise every day or at least every other day (hence expenditures every 48 hours).

(I don’t know why you would conclude from this, anything specifically about carbs. But I'm not 'into' counting carbs.)
Old 07-22-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, here is what I think it is saying:

Every 72 hours your body readjusts it's metabolic rate based on how much much you eat.

Every 48 hours it checks out how much working out you have been doing.

The reason you hit a plateau, is because your body has accurately figured out how many calories you are eating, how many calories you are burning, and what your metabolism speed should be at in order to maintain your weight.

Have you heard about starvation mode before? This happens when you eat too few calories. Your body senses you aren't getting enough calories, so it lowers your metabolism - that way you don't burn as many calories doing your normal daily routine. This is your body attempting to conserve calories.

So my guess at interpreting what you wrote is this:

Out of every 72 hours have one day where you eat more calories than the other two. This way - when your body reviews your calorie intake, to compare to your daily exercise routine, it will imagine you are taking in more calories than you normally do. If you only take in 1500 cals a day, but normally burn 500 then your body will try to adjust. But if you eat more one day, it will think your overall calorie consumption is higher daily, than it really is.

At least that's my guess...